Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

My surprise arrived today!!!! They haven't sent my catalog yet so i don't have anything to cross reference the babies to so any help is greatly appreciated! I received 46 chicks, none doa but one that was really bad shape and died shortly after
Here's what i got:

Yea that looks a lot like mine. I have a lot of chipmunk looking ones. A couple silver ones. They all seem very healthy and active, so I am pleased with that part but I was hoping for some other fowl

I was really hoping for some heritage turkey! I put that in my comments and also that i didn't want any broilers but when i got my invoice it didn't have any customer comments on it. So hopefully i don't end up with broilers!
I'm with you, might have to order in a few months again :D

I ordered my surprise box on 2/6 (I started reading this thread ad then had to have it) but I still haven't received my estimated ship date. I got my order confirmation immediately, then no invoice. I emailed them yesterday morning and no response to that either. Is anybody else waiting more than ten days?

They have so many to choose from figuring them out can be a real challenge! Nice looking batch!
Thank you for posting the cute little peepers! I really like this guessing game and hope to see more of them as they grow.

Last edited:
I ordered my surprise box on 2/6 (I started reading this thread ad then had to have it) but I still haven't received my estimated ship date. I got my order confirmation immediately, then no invoice. I emailed them yesterday morning and no response to that either. Is anybody else waiting more than ten days?

I would call them. I didn't get my ship date for like a month. The sales associate I talked to was surprised I hadn't gotten it and told me over the phone. This happened to me and others last year also, I think the ship date gets caught by spam filters.

ETA:
riversydefarms, for the ones 21hens-incharge didn't get:
Houdan, Golden Laced Polish (including one listed as cochin by 21hens), more cochins, White Giant (I think, the grey and yellow chick), Australorp (or some other black breed) and several Easter eggers. Good box!

Last edited:
Thank you popsicle, will call them tomorrow and try to figure it out. I tried to call 3 times on Wednesday, but it was busy every time. I think that's the worst day to try to get in touch with them.

Back
Top Bottom