Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Speckled Sussex or Brown Leghorn, or both. The one on the right seems a bit more Sussex to me--they tend to be redder. They also have Spangled Old English which would look the same. The thing to watch for is if the legs end up pink/white (Sussex) or Yellow (Leghorn).

In the other images, that weren't covered yet (I agree with the others' responses)--Black or Blue Cochin, Columbian Wyandotte or Rock, (or White Giant, but legs look too yellow) Generic Red Bird (Rhode Island Red, New Hampshire, Production Red...). The yellow feather shanked bird could be a Faverolle (5 toes) as mentioned, or Wheaten Marans (4 toes). Other yellow chicks--white birds--White Leghorn, Delaware, Austra White--depends on shank color and if there any black spots.

Speckled Sussex or Brown Leghorn, or both.  The one on the right seems a bit more Sussex to me--they tend to be redder.   They also have Spangled Old English which would look the same.  The thing to watch for is if the legs end up pink/white (Sussex) or Yellow (Leghorn).

In the other images, that weren't covered yet (I agree with the others' responses)--Black or Blue Cochin, Columbian Wyandotte or Rock, (or White Giant, but legs look too yellow) Generic Red Bird (Rhode Island Red, New Hampshire, Production Red...).  The yellow feather shanked bird could be a Faverolle (5 toes) as mentioned, or Wheaten Marans (4 toes).  Other yellow chicks--white birds--White Leghorn, Delaware, Austra White--depends on shank color and if there any black spots.

Thx!!! Lots of info!

So I found out that the post office takes the size of the box and how much space it takes up and adds that to the weight we are getting, which is why we get 5-7lb boxes when they come in a 2 compartment box and weights of 15-19lbs in 4 compartment boxes. Not that we are getting 19lbs of chicks lol... Which when you consider I got 47 babies in a 5 lb box makes a lot more sense .

Got my box
smile.png
but need help IDing them...

Got my box
smile.png
but need help IDing them...
1 Partridge Cochin

2 Mottled Houdan

3 Black Jersey Giants (or some other black birds)

4 Black Cochin

5 White things

6 Phoenix, Brown Leghorns, other Black Breasted Red, Spangled, Gold Duckwing and/or Silver Duckwing breeds. Best start is looking at combs and leg colors.

7 Turkeys (probably Broad Breasted Bronze, maybe Standard Bronze)

8 Brown Leghorn or some other BBR breed

9 Blue Cochin

10 Easter Egger

11 Easter Egger

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom