Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Heres another shot.

a friend ordered the surprise yesterday and said the it wont ship till july...which is ok with me as i i have chicks being shipped to me on the 2nd of May so by the time these are old enough to go out side the surprise will probably still have a bit before it ships which is good since i'm offering to raise the chicks for my friend

I highly doubt any of these chicks will make it to adult hood. I will never order from them again! And i will never buy blue seal feed again! Never had so many problems before!

My Surprise arrived today (4//22/16) Ship date 4/20/16 and I'm absolutely delighted with the selection: (my comments included that I prefer 'big critters' as they do well in MN winters)

49 shipped, 48 arrived in good shape, 1 DOA

• 1 turkey - looks like a Bourbon Red
  • 2 ducklings - best guess Welch Harlequin
  • many feather footed including: (about half the chicks)
    • light and dark Brahma
    • Cochins darker ones - not sure black or blue or barred)
    • looks like some marans (look like the ones I got last year)
    • Perhaps others - not yet sure
  • a couple of assorted Polish
  • barred rocks
  • Possibly a SLW or two
  • a variety of chipmunks
  • a few EE's
  • a couple of white chicks
  • Several I have not yet identified
  • no bantams

to those who have ordered the surprise before...what does cackle usually tell you for ship date...my friend ordered on and they told her it could ship 4/27 or it could take as long as july and the website even says might take till july...anyone know whats up??

to those who have ordered the surprise before...what does cackle usually tell you for ship date...my friend ordered on and they told her it could ship 4/27 or it could take as long as july and the website even says might take till july...anyone know whats up??

I picked my ship date when I ordered and got the date I wanted. She should get an invoice emailed to her which will have the ship date on it in the upper left. If she doesn't get that within about 10 days of ordering, then give them a call. They are super helpful over the phone.

The mix is usually what they have extra from the breed specific orders... Ive ordered it a few times and got a wide aray breeds and species... Ive even got a pheasant or two once...

Back
Top Bottom