Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I got a call this morning at about 5:30am from my local post office to get my birds. We have been waiting since the middle of July.
We received a smelly quite box of dead chicks.

Then the lady who answered the phone at cackel hatchery was not even surprised. She then said it would be another 2 weeks until they resend the order. A person who has a customer service related job she did very poor. I feel that they should fix there errors before they sell more product to other people.

Oh no :(

They are reshipping my order week after next. I haven't had a problem with their customer service myself. The lady I spoke with, whom I have ordered from before, said she was sad asked questions about their placement in the box and offered a refund or reship. And knowing I was hoping for ducks and larger breeds let me know to only expect chicks.

Not one bird was worth keeping from this hatchery.....all had problems in the end,will be getting rid of the last crap from this hatchery. Id advise not buying from this hatchery.

Last edited:
I ordered 15 chicks from Cackle a couple months ago and 15 more a couple weeks ago. In the second batch, one had scissor beak, one was small and sickly, another has two toenails on one toe! When I asked a customer service person about it, they refunded me for 2 chicks (one was an extra therefore was free) and then they swiftly canceled my account with them. What??? I left five stars for the breeds that did not show any signs of problems and no feedback for the breed with issues. Can they just do that? It doesn't' seem right.

Awww... they're so cute. Congradulations! I'm no expert, but I'll give it a try
1st - green legs makes me think easter egger
2nd - looks like it could be a barred rock, dominique, cuckoo marans or other barred breed
3rd - this one reminds me of the way my speckled sussex looked when they first arrived, but it isn't quite the same. not really sure about this one
4th and 5th - no idea, sorry
6th - could be a silver laced Polish or a silver spangled appenzeller spitzhauben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiejw89

ID help please. These are just a few. Grey with chocolate head is my fav! The only one like that.

Last edited:
I ordered 15 chicks from Cackle a couple months ago and 15 more a couple weeks ago. In the second batch, one had scissor beak, one was small and sickly, another has two toenails on one toe! When I asked a customer service person about it, they refunded me for 2 chicks (one was an extra therefore was free) and then they swiftly canceled my account with them. What??? I left five stars for the breeds that did not show any signs of problems and no feedback for the breed with issues. Can they just do that? It doesn't' seem right.
They are know for that! I originally left a good rating on the day I received them-only one was DOA but thats where it ended! Be happy they cancelled your account.I am down to 19 chicks out of 37-the dying has stopped-thank God! Meyer Hatchery has been great-going to try the Leanns adopt me bargain next spring.

Back
Top Bottom