Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

What about this one?

I DO NOT MEDICATE MY CHICKS EITHER AS I DO NOT THINK ITS NEEDED UNLESS YOU HAVE A ISSUE.AND I DO THINK THAT OVER MEDICATION CAN CERTAINLY CAUSE ISSUES FOR THOSE LIL CHICKS. I MUST SAY I HAVE NEVER HAD SICK CHICKS SO I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH SUCH ISSUES. I DO NOT MEDICATE ANYTHING ON MY LIL FARM. THE SHEEP AND GOATS GET WORMED TWICE A YEAR THAT'S ABOUT IT...HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF MOTTLED JAVA'S? I HATCHED SOME EGGS THIS YEAR AND I LOVE THESE SO MUCH. GOT 10 CHICKS FROM A BATCH OF 14 EGGS AND TURNED OUT WITH 9 HENS AND 1 ROOSTER!! NEVER HAD A HATCH LIKE THAT BEFORE...I REALLY ENJOY HATCHING EGGS THOUGH I'M SURE IT COST MUCH MORE THAN PURCHASING CHICKS,BUT YOU CAN HATCH REALLY RARE CHICKS SO THAT'S THE BONUS WITH DOING THAT.
SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ISSUES SOME OF YOU ARE GOING THRU. I RECKON I CAN COUNT MY BLESSINGS THAT I NEVER HAD TO GO THRU SUCH THINGS. MY HENS FROM MY SURPRISE BOX IN MARCH ARE STARTING TO LAY.
I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL JUBILEE ORPINGTON ROOSTER THAT WAS IN MY BOX. DID NOT KNOW THEY HAD THEM SO IT WAS A VERY PLEASANT SURPRISE.

I had my own terrible expirence with them, you might have read id you have went through all of them but, I ordered 5 chicks. I had to pay 20 dollars extra since it was small order, and then when they arrived 5 out of the 6 died. We have 1 of the chicks all healthy, he was raised with no friends and we had to put a stuffed animal in his cage. Now he lives with my other 2 guineas.

I had my own terrible expirence with them, you might have read id you have went through all of them but, I ordered 5 chicks. I had to pay 20 dollars extra since it was small order, and then when they arrived 5 out of the 6 died. We have 1 of the chicks all healthy, he was raised with no friends and we had to put a stuffed animal in his cage. Now he lives with my other 2 guineas.
off topic// this thread is about the cackle surprise not a place to complain about your other orders.

Can we all please try to stzy on topic so mods don't lock this thread, I rather enjoy it

off topic// this thread is about the cackle surprise not a place to complain about your other orders.

Can we all please try to stzy on topic so mods don't lock this thread, I rather enjoy it
Looking through some of the hatcheries specials I came across Cackle Hatchery's Hatchery Surprise. It is 39.95. Below is what I copied and pasted below. My question is- Has anybody got this assortment before and is it really a bargain? Also has anyone ordered from Cackle before. Would like some feedback from those who have . It doesn't make clear what kind of birds and was wondering if this possibley includes ducks and geese also.

Thanks - Wayne

This was the thread starter asking for peoples personal experience with Cackle and if it is truly a bargain. There are both good and bad reviews on here. I do not see a reason why the moderators would shut it down. 40+ chicks for $39.95 does appear to be quite a good deal but not when the birds come sick, dead or you receive extremely poor customer service (in my own personal experience). The owner herself stated that all her chicks should be medicated upon arrival-this is going to be extremely difficult and expensive with the FDA cracking down on the sale of antibiotics. I am very happy for those that did well with their surprise but unfortunately this was not my experience and I in good conscience could not recommend this company to anyone looking to purchase birds.

I believe Cackle Hatchery's Hatchery Surprise is about $70, and that includes delivery. I believe they guarantee more than 40 chicks in a surprise order. You can sometimes receive ducks, geese, or turkeys with an the surprise. They also guarantee a mix of breeds, but there is no guarantee how many breeds you will receive. You can expect at least a handful of breeds.

For those who are not particular about the breed, it is one of the best bargains around.

Cackle Hatchery has been in business since 1936 and is one of the best hatcheries of chickens and other fowl.

// the surprise is getting more and more popular every year so it's getting a little more expensive pretty much every year, the catalogue says it costs $65.95 and at least 40 chicks chicks to arrive alive.. I can't wait to get my surprise boxes this year, I hope the price doesn't keep going up/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom