Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

thank you for the input - half the fun is figuring out what everything is.  

Kind regards!

Uh-oh, I hope I didn't take any fun out of your guessing game! I just wanted to make sure you knew they are probably pullets (and good layers) before selling some off on CL.
1f609.png

Mine are all doing great and I have some I need to post pics of because I have ZERO idea what they are, but are super cute!!!

Is it bad I am already considering ordering another surprise??? I'm thinking of asking for a turkey and a goose....didn't get either in my last order (didn't expect a goose though as it was too early in the season for them)

Anyone know the best time to order to up my chances of getting heritage turkeys and/or a goose (by their own experience, because I know it's really up to luck!)

What is this one?

Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben would be my guess

Our best surprise mix was our first one, I believe it was an early June ship date a few years ago. The best way to know what's hatching is to check the calendar for 'availability'. Sometimes they will say certain breeds aren't available if they've already gotten orders for them, other times they might not have that breed set to hatch, so it's not 100% on what is hatching for that time frame but it will help give you an idea of what you might have. The only problem is, the later in the season you wait, it gets hard to get a ship date of when you might want it (if you're trying to work under a specific time frame, like we were last year around vacation).

Back
Top Bottom