Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I hate when chicks ship right along with the bad weather! My surprise came a week and a half ago, right when the temps went fom mild to single digits. I was so nervous, but Cackle did a great job packing them. Double stuffing on the bottom, thick paper around the sides, and a heat pack. 53 shipped, only two bantams DOA. I was so relieved!
@twigcrafter have you called your post office to let them you're expecting chicks?

Thanks Sristi,I will call them in the morning. They are closed because of the blizzard.

Over 5000 flights were cancelled thanks to Stella. I'm keeping hope, but it's hard.

The snow just keeps piling up out here. Well over 2 feet with drifts over 4 ft. My flock wont come out of the hen house.

On the up side, my box weighs 7lbs.

Wow,that's intense! I'm south of Buffalo, NY and so far we're only getting a normal heavy lake effect. Even your post office closed! Stay safe, and fx for your chickies

Stella, was a bad storm for sure , but not the worse I've seen. The problem was they thought NYC would get the brunt of it. Being some what close to the city they decided to send some of our snow maintenance trucks there.

Cuomo shut down the whole area. I'm glad he did. My husband had the day off. His company almost never closes due to the weather.

Being short on maintenance trucks really made the roads horrible. The snowmobile people loved it though.lol

No box today. I hope the chicks are ok.
The tracking info is useless. It says they left KC mo last night at 8:30pm. no more info since. I called the PO 2x. They don't have it.
hit.gif

Hi all. I used to hang out on BYC a lot but haven't been around a while.

I got a Cackle Surprise mid February 49 chicks, 2 ducks

So $1.50 each.
I sold 25 chicks at $3/each and bought another box, delivered last Friday

Trying to do the same thing :). But now feed stores have their chicks so it's a little harder.

And yes, I split them into 2 boxes. Keep & sell

I got my surprise about two weeks ago. Four ducklings, about 12 bantams, and the rest regular chicks. I sold the ducklings right away, but I'm having a hard time parting with the rest before I know what they'll grow into
1f602.png
. I'm pretty sure the bantams are all oeg or Phoenix, neither of which I want.

@twigcrafter any news of your box? I keep thinking of you and your chicks
1f61e.png

Back
Top Bottom