Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I'm going to be placing an order next week- my first from a hatchery (But I've only started with chickens for the last 10 weeks or so). I'm so excited and hope to get ducks, geese, and turkeys as well. That would be an ideal order!

Quick question if anyone cares to answer- why are hatching eggs so expensive to order when chicks are not that pricey? I'm not judging really, I just don't get it. I do have some geese in the incubator now, but it was a local pickup so wasn't terribly expensive. Speaking of which, time to candle the eggs for day 16! I think I've got 6 good eggs out of 10.

anyone know what this one is?

Attachments

• 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 72.jpg
    72.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 73.jpg
    73.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 24
2 more chicks passed. The others seem to be doing great. We have some gold laced polish, easter eggers, white sultans, gold laced wyandottes and a bunch more that I have no idea on. Like I said, lots of fuzzy legs. They are all adorable!

I was hoping for some ducks, 2 boxes ordered 1 last year and now this one. All chicks. But that's ok they are so cute!

Attachments

• chicks.jpg
    chicks.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 21
2 more chicks passed. The others seem to be doing great. We have some gold laced polish, easter eggers, white sultans, gold laced wyandottes and a bunch more that I have no idea on. Like I said, lots of fuzzy legs. They are all adorable!

I was hoping for some ducks, 2 boxes ordered 1 last year and now this one. All chicks. But that's ok they are so cute!
Sorry for your losses. My ship date is 6-21, so excited! I plan to have some electrolytes on hand to help prevent additional losses. I'm also hoping for some ducks, turkey, or even pea fowl!

wouldn't it be awesome to get a pea fowl?! good luck on your chicks. I think this time around they spent an extra day in transit and some where just too weak. I gave electrolytes and warmed them up but it was too late.

wouldn't it be awesome to get a pea fowl?! good luck on your chicks. I think this time around they spent an extra day in transit and some where just too weak. I gave electrolytes and warmed them up but it was too late.
Yeah, I'm worried about that. I just got 25 ducklings and had major losses. They shipped out replacements who spent 1 day less in transit than the first shipment. Fingers crossed, no losses on the replacements yet! I hope yours even out and no more losses.

i plan on buying this next week friday, cant wait! do people usually get water fowl and turkeys this time of year in the surprise box? hoping to get some ducks and turkey in the box.:fl

Back
Top Bottom