California - Northern

Hi all, I know most people are into chickens, but I have 2 sets of Gambel's Quail (1M+1F) for sale in the Central Valley (located in Fresno [City]) in case that's something anyone here would be interested in :) Selling because I need to thin the covey for spring (they are a monogamous pair species and do best as 1m/1f during breeding time):

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...sale-central-valley-ca.1508733/#post-25333027

Hi everyone, I have a 6 month old gentle rooster "Boba" that I'm hoping to trade by this Thursday. I'm located in Davis, CA.

Boba is nice to the other chickens, calls them when he finds food, and stays alert when our chickens nap. He's been very non-aggressive so far, easy to pick up, and has never tried to attack even when I pick up others in his flock. He is protective though and will puff up/try to get in the way if he senses a threat. He is a good rooster and this is the main reason I want to give him a chance to be useful to someone's flock instead of eating him like our other rooster. We can't keep him anymore because he has been crowing multiple times a day for over a month and we've run out of ideas to manage it :(

If you'd be willing to offer up a hen or pullet in exchange, I'll throw in a few bucks/or produce from garden/or extra poultry supplies to make it fair. But I'll entertain most offers as I'm just trying to get rid of him at this point. Let me know by this Thursday the 27 Jan if you are potentially interested.

Attachments

• IMG_9921.jpg
    IMG_9921.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9912.jpg
    IMG_9912.jpg
    741.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9916.jpg
    IMG_9916.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Hi everyone, I have a 6 month old gentle rooster "Boba" that I'm hoping to trade by this Thursday. I'm located in Davis, CA.

Boba is nice to the other chickens, calls them when he finds food, and stays alert when our chickens nap. He's been very non-aggressive so far, easy to pick up, and has never tried to attack even when I pick up others in his flock. He is protective though and will puff up/try to get in the way if he senses a threat. He is a good rooster and this is the main reason I want to give him a chance to be useful to someone's flock instead of eating him like our other rooster. We can't keep him anymore because he has been crowing multiple times a day for over a month and we've run out of ideas to manage it :(

If you'd be willing to offer up a hen or pullet in exchange, I'll throw in a few bucks/or produce from garden/or extra poultry supplies to make it fair. But I'll entertain most offers as I'm just trying to get rid of him at this point. Let me know by this Thursday the 27 Jan if you are potentially interested.
He is a nice looking Guy!

I hope you find a nice home for him.

Hey! Anyone here show bantams? (Any breed)if so do you guys know any good breeds that’ll have show quality chickens this spring? I’m looking to get some :) we don’t have a ton of $$$ to spend unfortunately. We’d be plenty happy with full grown hens or chicks, but we do need females. Thanks anyone that does know!

Hey! Anyone here show bantams? (Any breed)if so do you guys know any good breeds that’ll have show quality chickens this spring? I’m looking to get some :) we don’t have a ton of $$$ to spend unfortunately. We’d be plenty happy with full grown hens or chicks, but we do need females. Thanks anyone that does know!
Are you showing at 4-H or a poultry Show?

Are you showing at 4-H or a poultry Show?
More 4-H/FFA type stuff :) I’d like something I could be competitive with, but not looking for like APA National champion type chicken lol.

Edit- I’m also open to just breed suggestions in general lol. I’m looking for a chill breed/strain of breed that does well in showmanship and stands out.

Last edited:
More 4-H/FFA type stuff :) I’d like something I could be competitive with, but not looking for like APA National champion type chicken lol.

Edit- I’m also open to just breed suggestions in general lol. I’m looking for a chill breed/strain of breed that does well in showmanship and stands out.
You should be able to find some nice ones for 4-H/FFA

Good luck, I hope you find a home.

Rehoming Swedish flower cockerels! Well my luck ran out this year and we ended up with close to half a dozen boys. They are about 9 weeks old and super sweet. One will happily take a nap on your arm. They’re from Greenfire lines.

I’m in Oakland and can meet up in Sacramento next weekend. Let me know if you can take one or if you have any leads for rehoming them!

Attachments

• 284E0998-CC0D-4F1E-A045-53956F530EBA.jpeg
    284E0998-CC0D-4F1E-A045-53956F530EBA.jpeg
    657.5 KB · Views: 5
  • CEF58D0F-2EDF-4225-B39D-E4E7B6BFD930.jpeg
    CEF58D0F-2EDF-4225-B39D-E4E7B6BFD930.jpeg
    656.8 KB · Views: 5
Rehoming Swedish flower cockerels! Well my luck ran out this year and we ended up with close to half a dozen boys. They are about 9 weeks old and super sweet. One will happily take a nap on your arm. They’re from Greenfire lines.

I’m in Oakland and can meet up in Sacramento next weekend. Let me know if you can take one or if you have any leads for rehoming them!
Post on Nextdoor too. Someone may be interested ! They are very cute 🥰.

Back
Top Bottom