Call Duck Assortment from Metzers

Ducks here have been breeding a few months already. Still have two scary cat gentlemen, and only one hen that's getting the beginning of a love mark on her head. Chickens already have had to be in time outs and shelters because they're breeding so aggressively
That is why I rehomed my big drakes and got the little Calls in exchange for them. It was a good trade for my hens. I ended up with the one Mallard Drake when I bought 2 from Rural King and they were supposed to be both Runners. They started out that way but the one turned out to be a drake and now walks horizontal. The Hen stands vertical and is beautiful. That's the only problem with unsexed. So far I have never gotten two drakes when I have bought then in pairs, always a Hen and a Drake and only once two Hens which were Fawn and White Runners when they were babies. I have been pretty lucky I guess.

That is why I rehomed my big drakes and got the little Calls in exchange for them. It was a good trade for my hens. I ended up with the one Mallard Drake when I bought 2 from Rural King and they were supposed to be both Runners. They started out that way but the one turned out to be a drake and now walks horizontal. The Hen stands vertical and is beautiful. That's the only problem with unsexed. So far I have never gotten two drakes when I have bought then in pairs, always a Hen and a Drake and only once two Hens which were Fawn and White Runners when they were babies. I have been pretty lucky I guess.
Thats why my runners are sexed, so I have 2 males to pick from, and not a bunch

@Luv Ducks
Resized_20240411_190441.jpeg

These are my two babies, Pastel colored Calls from Metzer. The one on the right is the one I believe is a female and had a really rough start but she is fine now so I am not sure if that is why she is so little or not. The one on the left is growing like a little weed. I am sure it is a male by the looks of its tail end and size. I love them. Their names are Daisy and Donald. They will be 3 weeks old this coming Monday. Thanks Miss Lydia for posting them for me. You are my Godsend.

Thats why my runners are sexed, so I have 2 males to pick from, and not a bunch
I can totally understand that. My problem is that with my work schedule I cannot get to the post office to pick them up as early as I need to so its hard for me to order them all sexed. That's why I have had to chance it at times. I got my Calls over my Spring Break so I could do it. Otherwise its a gamble for me.

I can totally understand that. My problem is that with my work schedule I cannot get to the post office to pick them up as early as I need to so its hard for me to order them all sexed. That's why I have had to chance it at times. I got my Calls over my Spring Break so I could do it. Otherwise its a gamble for me.
I waited for a week that I had a day off, mom had another day off, and I just scheduled an appointment the last day I needed off so I could use my sick time and be there if needed. Odds are pretty strong they won't arrive on Tuesday, but if they do, they can wait until I get off work at 1.30 since they would have been in the mail less than 2 days at that point

I waited for a week that I had a day off, mom had another day off, and I just scheduled an appointment the last day I needed off so I could use my sick time and be there if needed. Odds are pretty strong they won't arrive on Tuesday, but if they do, they can wait until I get off work at 1.30 since they would have been in the mail less than 2 days at that point
We have no subs at my place right now to fill in for us and the Boss has to do it. Believe me you, you'd better be sick or else you are in big trouble for trying to fake it. It's nice when you can get off when you need to. I wasn't sure when mine would come in but they made it on Wednesday which shocked me. They only had to come from Tennessee though and I am in Ohio. According to the box they came in they were shipped out late afternoon on Monday and that is why I was surprised they made it that quick. I think they might have shipped them later on Monday since I had mine pinioned so that they would not fly away. They are great fliers and I like to let mine free range in a grassy part for my dog which has no netting over the top. Neighbors have large dogs that would eat them if they flew over the fence. I can't chance it. Some people have lost theirs due to flying away.

I hope that you get lots of females in your group of Calls when you get them. I am not positive I have a Male and female but about 95% sure by size and rear ends of them. Time will tell of course. This has always been my luck and I am ok with that. Better than 2 drakes but I would be alright with that also.

I hope that you get lots of females in your group of Calls when you get them. I am not positive I have a Male and female but about 95% sure by size and rear ends of them. Time will tell of course. This has always been my luck and I am ok with that. Better than 2 drakes but I would be alright with that also.
How do their butts tell you?

Back
Top Bottom