Call Duck Assortment from Metzers

Pics
I had to replace my Cayugas three times and the third shipment I added a pair of Pilgrim geese as protection. Had a snake problem that’s been solved. My geese are also very good at protecting their ducks.
I called their customer service with my order number and they handled everything extremely well.
There was a link to a google form that I filled out for “losses within 48 hours”, so I have to call them besides filling out the form?

There was a link to a google form that I filled out for “losses within 48 hours”, so I have to call them besides filling out the form?
I would call them just in case. They are always friendly. I lost a gosling and they replaced her right away. My call ducks are due to ship the week of Mar 18. Do you know why your little one died?

I have found Metzer super responsive - you can message them or call them and they will get back to you. What you need to consider is they will only send out replacements with a buddy and they will most likely ask you to pay for the buddy - that is what happened to me last summer. Also, I was only able to get the replacements shipped two weeks later and the size difference was so great that I had to set up a separate brooder for the two new ones. It's just a little bit of extra work for a couple of months.

I would call them just in case. They are always friendly. I lost a gosling and they replaced her right away. My call ducks are due to ship the week of Mar 18. Do you know why your little one died?
I don’t know why he died :(. I got an email during 3rd period though that the order has been confirmed though!
They only charge you for the buddy if you are telling them which to send. If you leave it up to them to select the buddy, it’s free.
Oops 🫢 at least I’m not the one paying, I don’t think my mom would mind even if I told her. But I didn’t know so I told her we had to pay for the filler and she was fine with it. At least now I get at least 1 definite penciled 🤭. The order is a penciled call and an unsorted. I probably jinxed myself when I was sort of complaining about them both being white so then one died 😭

The other 2 will probably arrive on Valentine’s Day or the day after. The probably temporary names for the ducklings are Cherry (magpie), Cupid (F&W Runner), and Casper (White Call). Any name suggestions for the other two? Maybe valentines related

How about Candy and Rose? Or Lovey, Flower, Heart, DokiDoki (the sound a heartbeat in Japanese), Sweets, Bouquet, etc. Lol!
Hmm maybe, depends on if the names fit the new two. Do you know of any name threads? If so we should make one you’d want. Like for name suggestions for poultry, like people could post photos and others could suggest names, or people could ask name suggestions based on what they say the breed’ll be. There could also be a list on the first page or something with a full list.

I'm honestly horrible at naming my critters. Very unimaginative. I have a brown duck named Cocoa. >.> I usually ask my bf for ideas, or a theme (like your Valentine's Day).

I was just inspired in that post, lol. But don't let it stop you from making the thread!

Back
Top Bottom