Call Duck Assortment from Metzers

Pics
The only spot I'd check out are the spots on the webbing that look like small chicken flesh. Mine all have the ridges on their toes, pretty sure it's just their knuckles. The skin is super thin too and they have high body temps, which both make veins more visible
Yup, those are just the normal ridges, nothing to worry about.

You are BRAVE to be sitting in a tub with poop-machines! :lau
So the little cuts on cherrys feet are normal?
Also lol I wash them once and then fill the tub up, they were sitting in a box for an hour before while I was cleaning their brooder so they didn’t poop much
My first thought was it’s probably not a great idea to be in there with them health wise (for you).
In what way 👀 if it actually is, then oopsies

So the little cuts on cherrys feet are normal?
Also lol I wash them once and then fill the tub up, they were sitting in a box for an hour before while I was cleaning their brooder so they didn’t poop much

In what way 👀 if it actually is, then oopsies
You cleaned them a bit first, but I still wouldn’t sit in the tub with them 🙂

I've seen those cuts with some of my ducklings in the past, I thought they were from standing on wet bedding/surfaces too much, although I wasn't really sure. I wasn't using anything sharp like shavings. It didn't look normal to me.

I personally saw nothing wrong with their feet, just normal 'wrinkles' like we have on ours and on our hands.
I’ll take a better picture today and if you say it’s fine then that’s that. To me it looks like a bunch of cuts and little scabs on the vein parts of the foot.
I've seen those cuts with some of my ducklings in the past, I thought they were from standing on wet bedding/surfaces too much, although I wasn't really sure. I wasn't using anything sharp like shavings. It didn't look normal to me.
What feed/water containers do you use? Mine also could maybe be from them stepping on the waterer corners

If you have any sharp corners just find something else to use. I used a plastic waterer (the type with the upside down pint canning jar) and glass food dish when they were tiny, then just switched to bigger dishes as they grew, using just a flat based glass or ceramic dish that I had on hand.

If you have any sharp corners just find something else to use. I used a plastic waterer (the type with the upside down pint canning jar) and glass food dish when they were tiny, then just switched to bigger dishes as they grew, using just a flat based glass or ceramic dish that I had on hand.
They’re not really sharp but I guesss it could cause it. They’re for food storage, like Tupperware type things but not.

And yeah they’re definitely scabs, the feet look dirty but it’s actually scabs. I think it could be from random sharp shavings
Cherry foot 1

1709240575715.jpeg

I don’t know if you can see it but there’s also a scab on the black part on the right side too

Cherry foot 2

1709240620643.jpeg

Those are the only ones I'd ever consider getting. I prefer calls visually, but not everything-else-y :p
Same here. Wanted Calls for the looks and size but got Muscovies last year for the quietness and the fact that they don't swim as much. They are my first ducks. They are hilarious and adorable but are higher maintenance than chickens.
willoughby(front)andwinona.jpg

At least the scabs look healed over, but weird as to what's causing them. It seems like duckling stage when they're in the brooder is when their feet are usually most perfect. It's a little bit more work with washing and changing towels out as they grow, but you could try them for a week and see how their feet look, if you have a lot of old ones on hand. I have stacks of them from all the times I've brooded ducklings, so I just go that route...and change them 2-3 times a day depending on how wet and messy they get.

Back
Top Bottom