Calling crochet masters...need help finding a pattern!

6littlechickies

Songster
10 Years
May 12, 2009
Burton, OH
One of my very good friends is about to have her first baby and is planning on nursing. She has already ordered a regular fabric type nursing shawl but I wanted to surprise her with a homemade one that I crocheted. I have been searching and searching and google-ing for a good pattern but haven't found anything!
he.gif
I'm getting to the point where I'm about to just make something up...thinking maybe like a regular blanket but with a 'strap' that would button around her neck, kind of like on an apron. I'm just not sure on dimensions, how wide it should be and I really don't want to just 'wing' it. I was hoping some of my BYC peeps might be able to help. anyone?

I would normally just make her one out of fabric and i even have some adorable baby flannel pieces that would be perfect. Unfortunately, a basement flood ruined my sewing machine so anything I sew now has to be done by hand and a nursing shawl seems a bit too much to do by hand, although maybe it's not as much as I think?

thanks in advance!

kind of. like a blanket with a strap to loop over or around your neck. I'm thinking i might try just making a blanket size and then positioning a couple large buttons on it that I can then make a strip to loop into. Was hoping to just find a pattern but may just resort to winging it.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom