Campine Chicken thread?

Pics
Question, anyone experienced with eating their Campines.
Historically they had quite a reputation as did their sister breed the Chaams.
Just asking beacause I've just come back from my hollidays i the french bresse region where the famous Bresse chicken still is renowned for its excellent eating.
The 'Poule de Bresse Grise' is also a sister breed of the Campine, so it must run in the family.

http://pradine-alain.e-monsite.com/pages/page.html

I guess no Campines on the menu ....

Well, the better, here's my American boy, 9 weeks old.

He just as an extra sprig on the left on his comb. Don(t know how it will turn out.

Last edited:
I really like the "shirt front" on the pullet on the left in the first pic. The cockerel beside her may have it too, but he is behind the other one.

They seem to have a better stance than mine do, less upright. I also like the tail angle on the girl in the last pic. It's low, but I bet it is close to perfect when she is more alert.

Last edited:
Snowy Silver Campines wantend

Everyone, I'm having to write an article for a dutch poultry magazine about the Campine and it's comeback to Europe.
Since it is for the december issue they've asked me if I could use a picture of my Silver Campines in the snow.

I'm afraid it doesn't snow here that often, so could anyone send me some pictures of theirs?

Otherwise I'll have to improvise and let them roost in the Christmas tree or something.

Please no pictures with Santaclaus, he's the henfeathered copy of our Saint Nicholas :))

Everyone, I'm having to write an article for a dutch poultry magazine about the Campine and it's comeback to Europe.
Since it is for the december issue they've asked me if I could use a picture of my Silver Campines in the snow.

I'm afraid it doesn't snow here that often, so could anyone send me some pictures of theirs?

Otherwise I'll have to improvise and let them roost in the Christmas tree or something.

Please no pictures with Santaclaus, he's the henfeathered copy of our Saint Nicholas :))

sorry, no snow here in coastal California either... but good luck finding something!

Would this picture be helpful?

These are three of my SC girls. The one in the front is the one I think is my best spring pullet. The one in the middle is a younger pullet that shows some promise and the one in the back is one of Duane Urch's hens that I bought from him last year. Notice the tail on the older hen? It shows the typical high tail set that plagues many U.S. Campines. I am hoping to get that under control and the other two look much better.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom