Can a barred rock chick have orange tipped feathers?

RickyDean

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2015
Oklahoma
I have five BR's and one of them the largest who is 3 1/2 weeks old
has orange tipped feathers and orange lines down the middle of its
Feathers. The other BR's are not colored like that. Is that unusual?

This is Jules. I bought Jules in the first batch of six chicks I bought from Atwoods. They had a tub of black and yellow chicks all together and couldn't tell me what breed they were. I do know that one of the black chicks is definatley a BR by its color pattern. This one I'm not so sure and even the other black chick is now looking different from The rest because she is smaller and has a white butt
And is all white under her neck and belly. Her eyes look like she has mascara or eye liner on so we named her Elizabeth Taylor. So what do you think Jules might be from the pic?

This is Jules. I bought Jules in the first batch of six chicks I bought from Atwoods. They had a tub of black and yellow chicks all together and couldn't tell me what breed they were. I do know that one of the black chicks is definatley a BR by its color pattern. This one I'm not so sure and even the other black chick is now looking different from The rest because she is smaller and has a white butt
And is all white under her neck and belly. Her eyes look like she has mascara or eye liner on so we named her Elizabeth Taylor. So what do you think Jules might be from the pic?

If you got it from Atwoods my guess would be black-sex link. I've never seen Wyandotte at atwoods.

Thank you, I would not know as these are my first chickens. However, I did a lot
of research and one of the other chicks I got there looks exactly like a picture of a silver laced wyandotte I saw online. So maybe the three black chicks I got are all different
but then again maybe not. As they have gotten older, all three black chicks look different
from one another now. I can definately see one is for sure a barred rock. The other two,
I am not sure of. I will also try to post a pic tomorrow of the other two chicks so their
differences can be seen.

Thank you, I would not know as these are my first chickens. However, I did a lot
of research and one of the other chicks I got there looks exactly like a picture of a silver laced wyandotte I saw online. So maybe the three black chicks I got are all different
but then again maybe not. As they have gotten older, all three black chicks look different
from one another now. I can definately see one is for sure a barred rock. The other two,
I am not sure of. I will also try to post a pic tomorrow of the other two chicks so their
differences can be seen.

Last was my first year with chickens so I'm no expert, but we got chicks from Atwood last year and I thought my three black chicks were so many different things. Turned out I got a bared rock and two black-sex links.

Back
Top Bottom