Can chickens eat garlic

big_smile.png
YES! some people put it in their water, I have not tried that yet.It is also included in a natural de-wormer. the recipe is some place on here.

Hey there,

Garlic is GREAT for people and animals. I give it to my chickens all the time. It fortifies their immune system and is a natural dewormer. So I think its a lot safer than any of those medications, and if its all natural all the better.
I haven't tried fresh garlic, but I do use garlic oil.....putting some in their food, mixing it up----they LOVE it. Its also good for pigeons.

Take Care,
Bill.

Quote:
As a former vet tech, this is news to me. My dogs and flock both get garlic and lots of healthful advantages from it. Please read Juliette de Baraicli-Levy's books, a renowned vet and amazing healer. Onions are another story....

Chocolate is not truly toxic, it's just that dogs will glut on amounts that can kill them or would make us extremely ill.

Some vets say garlic is bad for horses and dogs, it damages their kidneys. I feed it to both, plus my chickens and have never had a problem. If you feed it in moderation I think it's fine.

Back
Top Bottom