Can I Bring my puppy Argentino Dogo Dog in coop

I have a working IPO dog and he gets a correction for even looking at the chickens the wrong way. I definitely wouldn't let him be around them without supervision. But dogs and people are different and I suppose other methods work for others.

Gh
I am not very familiar with that breed but with any breed curiosity turns to biting which turns to eating. Do some research and maybe find a professional trainer. Friends mean well but they don't always know best. Once your dog kills one chicken it will want to kill more and that's not a thing you can untrain.
Thanks so much

I have a working IPO dog and he gets a correction for even looking at the chickens the wrong way. I definitely wouldn't let him be around them without supervision. But dogs and people are different and I suppose other methods work for others.
Thanks so much

The dogo argentino is a wonderful dog, but as with all dogs his size and breed type, he needs a job specific to his skills. His interactions with the chickens cannot be play, as he will instinctivly fall into prey drive. His frustration and prey drive need to be controlled by you into something helpful and fulfilling to him because he will find something self fulfilling to do, unless you find something that you can praise him for. Ensure that your praise and acceptance of his actions are more important to recieve than his own self fulfilling actions
Thanks this is helpful

I am not very familiar with that breed but with any breed curiosity turns to biting which turns to eating. Do some research and maybe find a professional trainer. Friends mean well but they don't always know best. Once your dog kills one chicken it will want to kill more and that's not a thing you can untrain.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom