can I eat an injured rooster?

brandonstokley

Songster
Oct 4, 2022
Crawfordville, Florida
I have a rooster who hurt his leg. idk how, I went to let them out the other day and he could no put any weight on one of his legs.i picked him up and checked hhis foot and it looks good. definitely a knee or hip/thigh issue. he isn't showing any other symptoms but he doesn't seem to be getting better. it has been maybe a week. he is eating and drinking just fine.

to avoid lengthy suffering if he isn't going to improve..... can I cull and eat him?

Sure you could eat him.
But, it can take weeks for a strained/sprained leg to heal far enough for no limp.
As long as he can get around enough to eat and drink, he'll probably heal up.
Crating, forced rest, for most the day can help that healing.

Sure you could eat him.
But, it can take weeks for a strained/sprained leg to heal far enough for no limp.
As long as he can get around enough to eat and drink, he'll probably heal up.
Crating, forced rest, for most the day can help that healing.
he's in my bachelor pad. he doesn't seem to be getting picked on too much and he just sits by the food and water.

he can't get on the roost so this morning I noticed he had a bit of poo on him from the birds roosting above him

poor guy

no.....

but.....I don't see any other symptoms. And the leg doesn't seem to be "paralyzed". it's not dragging behind he's carrying it upfront. every step he takes on it he ends up on his hock
Can you take a clear short video of him trying to walk and upload it to YouTube?

Back
Top Bottom