can I feed meaties scrambled eggs?

jBlaze

Songster
11 Years
Oct 25, 2008
Oregon
THat sounds like a really silly question, sorry. lol. My layers are going gang busters and I am wonderinf if I can just feed the extras to the meaties?
I got 9 cornish cross about 6 weeks, and my layers are giving me almost a dozen a day. Would it disterb the balance if I fed the meaties about 6 eggs a day for a while? We have wuite a build up in teh fridge, and since I am getting so many fresh, I want to purge the old. I just don't want to hurt the meaties, lol.
Thanks.

mine wouldnt eat even the yummiest of leftovers we gave them.

instead of feeding them back bake some goodies and give them away. Or just give the eggs away to friends/neighbors. after a doz youll have new customers.

While i am certainly not a meatie expert, if they will eat them, i would not be afraid to feed them eggs.
smile.png

You could feed them back to the layers if the meaties won't eat them. Check and see if there is a healthfood store near by. That is where I take a bunch of my extras. They buy all local produce/products.

I feed my surplus to all my chickens, the meat birds, the layer chicks, and the hens. I cook them scrambles, first.
The meat chicks are not as into it as the layers, but they are younger, too.

I also give away a bunch of eggs to my HVAC customers, and use them to market my meat birds to the same customers.

I feed my surplus to all my chickens, the meat birds, the layer chicks, and the hens. I cook them scrambles, first.
The meat chicks are not as into it as the layers, but they are younger, too.

I also give away a bunch of eggs to my HVAC customers, and use them to market my meat birds to the same customers.
Hi there Cornish cross love hard boiled eggs

Back
Top Bottom