can I put pheasants with my chickens?

DO NOT mix chickens with pheasants. That is straight up bad advice.
there are some guidelines to raising them together, obviously. They are different birds. but im curious what is the bad advice there? Many of my friends have mixed flocks with them. ive never heard problems coming from it.

there are some guidelines to raising them together, obviously. They are different birds. but im curious what is the bad advice there? Many of my friends have mixed flocks with them. ive never heard problems coming from it.
They should not be raised together at all. Just because some people do it and get lucky doesn't mean it's a good idea.

They should not be raised together at all. Just because some people do it and get lucky doesn't mean it's a good idea.
as i had said in the post you replied to, i asked you what is the bad advice there? Im not saying im right, all your saying is its a bad idea, and im asking what is the bad idea. Are they aggressive or something? its very vague.

as i had said in the post you replied to, i asked you what is the bad advice there? Im not saying im right, all your saying is its a bad idea, and im asking what is the bad idea. Are they aggressive or something? its very vague.
Chickens are basically germ factories and carry many diseases that don't harm them but are lethal to pheasants. Pheasants in the breeding season are also very aggressive and often kill similar sized birds if they are housed together.

Chickens are basically germ factories and carry many diseases that don't harm them but are lethal to pheasants. Pheasants in the breeding season are also very aggressive and often kill similar sized birds if they are housed together.
pheasents in breeding season, over what ive researched i hear thats males in breeding season, not females.

Back
Top Bottom