Can I write on an egg with permanent marker?

You know...it's funny you asked that cause I always thought the same thing Poulets De Cajun said. But then I bought eggs from a BYCer a few months ago and they came with sharpie marker...I was really worried and even asked the person I bought the eggs from if it was okay and she said she does it all the time. So, I hesitantly set them. Anyhow, it was the best hatch I ever had from shipped eggs!!! 11 chicks!!!
smile.png
All are healthy with no weird side effects!!! Do I use a sharpie...no. I still get worried I will lessen my fertility rate! lol I know...I'm hopeless!!!
idunno.gif

I use a Sharpie because I primarily hatch under a broody and anything else rubs off. I've checked the shell post hatching on multiple eggs to see if it bled through and it never has, so I feel they're very safe. If you're nervous just write on the air cell end so that nothing touches the inner membranes and use the ultra fine tip.

Sharpie is the only marker you can use for frozen foods because it's the only one that doesn't run when wet, so it won't run when exposed to humidity in the incubator.

M@M@2four :

You know...it's funny you asked that cause I always thought the same thing Poulets De Cajun said. But then I bought eggs from a BYCer a few months ago and they came with sharpie marker...I was really worried and even asked the person I bought the eggs from if it was okay and she said she does it all the time. So, I hesitantly set them. Anyhow, it was the best hatch I ever had from shipped eggs!!! 11 chicks!!!
smile.png
All are healthy with no weird side effects!!! Do I use a sharpie...no. I still get worried I will lessen my fertility rate! lol I know...I'm hopeless!!!
idunno.gif

idunno.gif

I encounter this all the time, I don't know if I'll ever understand it. People will cling to a belief even after they've seen for themselves that it isn't true, can have solid proof in front of them, and continue to base their actions on things that they know to be nonsense. I don't get it.​

Quote:
idunno.gif

I encounter this all the time, I don't know if I'll ever understand it. People will cling to a belief even after they've seen for themselves that it isn't true, can have solid proof in front of them, and continue to base their actions on things that they know to be nonsense. I don't get it.

LOL..Chris, now I understand your previous comment, "See why I said it wouldn't matter if I told y'all or not...." Maybe we should just both keep our mouths shut!!! My fault...I thought this was a forum where people could give their opinions!
roll.png

M@M@2four :

LOL..Chris, now I understand your previous comment, "See why I said it wouldn't matter if I told y'all or not...." Maybe we should just both keep our mouths shut!!! My fault...I thought this was a forum where people could give their opinions!
roll.png

Opinions? That's 'nonsense.'​

Back
Top Bottom