Can my call duck drake mate with my Rouen hen?

That is one lovely duck! Very unique. I’m assuming the personality and hand raising result in pet status because of the Call, right? I didn’t look carefully at Cayugas temperament, but most places list them as 8.8/9. I wouldn’t call them hysterical but they are very alert and active, not exactly cuddly although easy to corner and catch.
I wonder if your wild ones are dumps, it happens all the time. At our lake nearby when we go out to eat at the dock, everyone gets tired of me pointing out all of the domestic dumps that shouldn’t be there 😆

That is one lovely duck! Very unique. I’m assuming the personality and hand raising result in pet status because of the Call, right? I didn’t look carefully at Cayugas temperament, but most places list them as 8.8/9. I wouldn’t call them hysterical but they are very alert and active, not exactly cuddly although easy to corner and catch.
I wonder if your wild ones are dumps, it happens all the time. At our lake nearby when we go out to eat at the dock, everyone gets tired of me pointing out all of the domestic dumps that shouldn’t be there 😆
Yes, I think it’s the half-call duck that affects the personality the most on this one. He’s quite a unique duck

Actually there are some people with a small farm nearby, I’m pretty sure some of their free ranging ducks just decided to fly / move to that lake and not come home…but they survive the winters here no problem and the lake does freeze occasionally - (the local ducks tend to walk down to a waterfall that is always flowing…but from what I’ve seen of Peking wouldn’t survive

Back
Top Bottom