Can turkeys get seperation anxiety?šŸ˜

MamaPoult

Near the cloudsā›…
Premium Feather Member
Jan 20, 2024
The Woods AK
Hey guys I have a questian for you all! So a quick story,
We decided to sell our two turkeys so we put up a legit crate and got them in the car. They were perfectly clam. So LONG story short, the jake freaked out and tryed to murder the Jenny. He has never been outwardly aggressive to her. After a lot of consideration it came clear what we wanted to do. We have a thanksgiving turkey in the freezer and I got to keep my beautiful Jenny! But now she is pacing along the fence most of the day and as soon as I go sit in the doorway she is super chill! She goes back to eating, drinking and dusting. I know I have not trained them that way! I have tried my best to not "over-mother" her. Anyone ever had this??
@R2elk
@Huntmaster
Since you guys are really knowledgable.

Hey guys I have a questian for you all! So a quick story,
We decided to sell our two turkeys so we put up a legit crate and got them in the car. They were perfectly clam. So LONG story short, the jake freaked out and tryed to murder the Jenny. He has never been outwardly aggressive to her. After a lot of consideration it came clear what we wanted to do. We have a thanksgiving turkey in the freezer and I got to keep my beautiful Jenny! But now she is pacing along the fence most of the day and as soon as I go sit in the doorway she is super chill! She goes back to eating, drinking and dusting. I know I have not trained them that way! I have tried my best to not "over-mother" her. Anyone ever had this??
@R2elk
@Huntmaster
Since you guys are really knowledgable.
Yes turkeys can get depressed. They are very social and do best with more of their own kind. If you don't plan on breeding her, get some more hens so she has company.

Back
Top Bottom