Can you help me hatch my first batch of eggs

Could I just take the bottom shell off? The beak has already been out for an hour. It is just chirping.

Attachments

• WIN_20240509_09_38_05_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240509_09_38_05_Pro.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Could I just take the bottom shell off? the beak has already been out for an hour. It is just chirping.
Nope, they can take 24 hours. I just had one the same last night. This morning it was still sitting there zipped but not out. I had to get those other ones out and he was zipped enough I was sure it wouldn't hurt him. I left the incubator open while I ran the other 9 to the brooder and when I got back, guess he got p*ssed at me for letting him get cold and he popped out.

Just have patience!!

Even if you help a little, that makes their muscles and limbs act differently, and that's why some wind up with unjointed legs or splay legs, etc.

I don't know if the incubator gets a lot of air so I open every now and then for a little bit. When I do that the chicken starts chirping. So does it like it?

I don't know if the incubator gets a lot of air so I open every now and then for a little bit. When I do that the chicken starts chirping. So does it like it?
You're probably just waking it up lol. Even my pricey incubator, a Brinsea 56EX has one tiny little hole. That's enough apparently as they hatch fine without intervention.

I know how tempting it is, but I've had to just walk away and find something else to do many times so I wouldn't touch them even though they seemed like they were struggling.

You're probably just waking it up lol. Even my pricey incubator, a Brinsea 56EX has one tiny little hole. That's enough apparently as they hatch fine without intervention.

I know how tempting it is, but I've had to just walk away and find something else to do many times so I wouldn't touch them even though they seemed like they were struggling.
Thank you, I probably was just waking it up.

I had to assist hatch a detatched air cell complicated egg a month ago that had a mother hen so a natural hatch as the membrane had shrink wrapped . Chick perfectly healthy and happy . A miracle .

Back
Top Bottom