Can you help me identify what egg belongs to who?

RaisingDucks2020

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2020
hello guys! I got baby ducks around the first week of April.. 3 days ago I finally go my first egg!! I have mallard and pekins.. im looking to hatch some of my mallard eggs but I have no idea how to identify them.. does it belong to a mallard or a pekin momma? They aren't very big but I'm assuming that's because they just started laying! :)

I seen my male mallard mating with a lady yesterday! I'll post a picture of the egg below
Thanks for helping!

Attachments

• 20200820_110556.jpg
    20200820_110556.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 8
Hello, I have 1 male mallard and 2 females , I also have 1 male pekin and 1 female and 1 im not sure if its a female or male yet.. its not maturing properly even after medication... i was just curious if the mallard is laying the eggs or if the pekin is! :) I thought maybe someone could tell me by looking at the egg they could tell me which breed it came from! :)

Hello, I have 1 male mallard and 2 females , I also have 1 male pekin and 1 female and 1 im not sure if its a female or male yet.. its not maturing properly even after medication... i was just curious if the mallard is laying the eggs or if the pekin is! :) I thought maybe someone could tell me by looking at the egg they could tell me which breed it came from! :)
you can’t tell yet, because the first like month they’ll still be getting used to laying eggs. they’ll be weird sizes, double yolks, and even unusual colors for that breed. my girl laid a brown egg the first couple of times and now they are all white 😂

you can’t tell yet, because the first like month they’ll still be getting used to laying eggs. they’ll be weird sizes, double yolks, and even unusual colors for that breed. my girl laid a brown egg the first couple of times and now they are all white 😂
Haha thanks for helping me! What kind of ducks do you have? I've always wanted muscovy but can't find any near me.. might have to order some.

Back
Top Bottom