Canadians check in here....

I’m from around Sherwood park , you?? Thank you so much for the reply! That is so helpful, the only place I could find silkies was wildacres.ca and I’d have to get hatching eggs and considering it’s my first time with chickens I’m not so sure I want to start off with hatching eggs haha !
How do I find out about these critter markets, is there a website ?

Again thank you greatly for the reply!
The St. Paul Critter Market has a page on Facebook.

I had the name of a woman who shows silkies, but I can't find it right now. There is a breeder from my area that is going to be at the critter market. Duckopolis.com. I've heard good and bad things about him though.

I have a house in Edmonton that I'm about to put on the market. I've got land NW of Alberta Beach that I'm living at.

We're pretty much neighbours.
I used to manage the Starbucks in chapters in Sherwood park.

Since we're so close, if you get the eggs, I could hatch them for you. I've had 2 hatches fail already, but that's because of our horrible temperatures. Hopefully spring is actually springing now.

Can I maybe add you on fb? Can keep in touch that way if I have any questions!
I am going to try get a silkie that doesn’t need to be hatched but if I do go that route do you need any more chickens sinse I have to order atleast 12 hatching eggs haha . We can order together ? The website is wildacres.ca and they have many different breeds !

I am going to try get a silkie that doesn’t need to be hatched but if I do go that route do you need any more chickens sinse I have to order atleast 12 hatching eggs haha . We can order together ? The website is wildacres.ca and they have many different breeds !
Sure thing! Same name.
I was just looking for you... the Mutt House in Sask ships chicks. You can find them on Facebook as well.

My first broody of the year is starting to sit. I’m planning on collecting my Silkie eggs for her to sit on. I’m trying to get Showgirls and really don’t need tonnes more Silkies LOL You’re welcome to some of the chicks if you like. I’ll see how many I can collect quickly and hatch and we can go from there. Since they’re raised by a hen and not in a brooder I’m not picky about selling them right away to make space.

Back
Top Bottom