Canadians check in here....

Question for any one who has ordered from Frey’s hatchery. We were given an extra chick in our order of all pullet day old chicks. We are newbies and this was our first Frey’s order. Is that common? Do they normally add a rooster? It wasn’t shipped, we drove to the location and picked them up. We didn’t notice the extra one until after we left.​
Sometimes that can happen I have never ordered pullet only but I have ordered cornish x chicks from them I ordered roosters and we got a couple hens.

My area in Eastern Ontario is having the worst spring drought and pollen season in 10 years. Berry farmers are already predicting a huge crop lose. Finally had some rain today, but with plus 30 predicted for tomorrow it is not going to do much good.

It's been very dry here too. We got some rain last night, but the pavement only looked damp this morning, so it couldn't have been that much. I have never noticed pollen on spruce trees before. This year when I would brush against one while mowing, I would literally be covered in it! On one windy day it looked like the trees were smoking there was so much blowing off.

Between the caterpillars and the pollen... Ugh! I haven't had an allergy season this bad in a dogs age. I take some particular glee in knowing the chickens love the little itty bitty hive causing leaf destroyers!

Back
Top Bottom