Canadians check in here....

I'm in Horsefly BC. Hi everyone
big_smile.png

Does anyone know where I can get some hatching eggs sent to me??
Yes, I love this place . https://www.junecreekfarm.com/
I'm in Horsefly BC. Hi everyone
big_smile.png

Does anyone know where I can get some hatching eggs sent to me??

Hello! I'm in Ontario just a little north of the GTA and looking for a new home for 2 hens (a chocolate Runner and little white duck). I've posted my own thread with more info here 😄 if anyone is interested or knows someone who might be please send me a message! Thanks!

I need some assistance from others out there with changing the bylaws in our town.
Smithville, Ontario is a small town that is surrounded by farm lands and chicken farms. Within the small town, we have the residential housing. For some reason the Township has a no backyard chicken bylaw even though 2 streets over, there are farms that have dozens and dozens of chickens, horses, cows, sheep, goats etc. I moved to Smithville, wanting a more quiet natural lifestyle. My property backs onto some Crown land that is a field with a brook running along it. This of course brings the issue of ticks, so I did some research and found that the most natural way to help with this was to get chickens. So I got 3 baby chicks and had them for 5 weeks before the neighbor called the bylaw officers who showed up at our door to tell us we had to get rid of them. This was crushing since we came to view them as pets and loved them. So my mission is to change the bylaw. I'm asking for some help from anyone out there who has experience or knowledge on how to go about this. Thank you in advance.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. Unless it's disruptive, neighbours should keep their noses out of others' business.

First thing to do is to contact your city/town council.

Back
Top Bottom