Cancer Hearts & Ribbon Block Swap---Signed Closed December 1

CoyoteMagic

RIP ?-2014
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
only the shadow knows.....
Cancer Hearts & Ribbon Block Swap

Theme: 12 1/2 inch block from Fat Cat Patterns http://fatcatpatterns.com/PDFs/ThinkPink2007.pdf

My
main rule here is to HAVE FUN!!!!!

Fabric: All fabrics used should be 100% cotton, very nice quality quilt appropriate fabrics. No flimsy fabrics, please. FABRICS MUST BE PREWASHED PRIOR TO USING. <---please don't let this stop you from signing up.

Colors: Awareness Ribbon Colors Listed Below

How this works:

*Each person chooses one of the Awareness Ribbon Colors for their blocks from the list below.

*Background color is to be light. It may be in the same color family of as the ribbon as long as it is much lighter so that the Ribbon itself "pops" off the background.

*Fabrics must be 100% cotton and pre-washed to avoid shrinkage.

*You must be 18 yrs. old or older to participate in this swap.

Due to me: February 1, 2012 Blocks will be swapped and mailed out asap after all are received. I will only wait 5 days for stragglers.

Mailing: When you mail your blocks to me, be sure to INCLUDE INSIDE a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) with your address in both the From and To slots with the EXACT same amount of postage as it costs you to send them to me. If your packages do not have the appropriate postage, I will "return to sender". Blocks and SASE should be able to fit in a small Flat Rate Priority Mail Envelope--I believe the stamp is $4.95. Be sure to get 2 stamps. 1 for sending to me. 1 for sending back to you. (2 sets will easily fit)

Please post here if you would like to join. As well as posting here, please PM me with your email addy, so I can keep the addy information for this swap.

Enjoy!!!

Disclaimer:::: This swap is not endorsed by BYC (owner, website, staff, etc.). The BYC Staff is not responsible and will not mediate if something goes "wrong" or a deal goes "bad". If you choose to participate in a swap, it is best to know who you are swapping with and not to swap more than you can afford to lose.

THANK YOU BYC STAFF FOR LETTING US TO CONTINUE OUR QUILTING SWAPS!! We have had great fun with this in the past and want to continue doing so!!

Pink---Breast---Kate/Writer
Lavender---Cancer in general--Caroline/sewingca
Teal---Ovarian
Orange---Leukemia---Cindi/Coyote
White/Pearl--Bone, Lung---Kim/Paulsmuffin
Black---Melanomia
Brown---Colorectal---Jody/Horse Jody
Purple--Pancereatic---Kim/Paulsmuffin
Gold---Childhood Cancers--Kim/Paulsmuffin

Yellow---Sarcoma
Green---Kidney
Light Blue---Testicular

IF there is a different color you are interested in doing please let me know.

If anyone wants a Relay for Life patch to go with their blocks let me know I have a bunch of them.

Last edited:
I'm out on this one Coyote, sorry! I was checking in to see if anybody else joined up for you
smile.png

I have my first set of blocks finished, I hope more join soon. I always look forward to making these blocks. This years is much easier than the feather blocks we did last year. It takes me 15 minutes per block to sew. I will post a picture soon!

Last edited:
I've been working on mine now that Christmas is past. All of the pieces are cut out and I have started to applique. I am using sewable fusing and sewing the edges with a blanket stitch. I signed up a while ago but haven't been following the progress on line. I regret that now because I wouldhave signed up for a second color. I don't think I would have time now.

Dear Coyote, mine are in the works. This is a pretty block! I'm including a square for the reverse. I didn't know if that was in the plan, but if not, you keep them. You are more into doing this social stuff than me and you certainly deserve a little bonus. xoxo Caroline

Back
Top Bottom