Can't Machine Quilt...Why Does Machine Skip?

That's beautiful speckledhen! I'm am so in to vintage fabric. I love the colors and the chicken print is awesome! Hopefully one day I can machine quilt like that!

Thank you! Would you believe I got that fabric at Walmart?? I was floored.

I think I'm doing better, as long as I don't push my little machine beyond its capabilities, which means narrow projects, nothing large at all. So, if I want to do my bed quilt or the wider bed runners better, will have to get that new machine. Catch 22, though-need to sell more completed projects to save $$ to buy the machine to do projects to sell!

Thank you! Would you believe I got that fabric at Walmart?? I was floored.

I think I'm doing better, as long as I don't push my little machine beyond its capabilities, which means narrow projects, nothing large at all. So, if I want to do my bed quilt or the wider bed runners better, will have to get that new machine. Catch 22, though-need to sell more completed projects to save $$ to buy the machine to do projects to sell!
WOW!! I never find that kind of fabric at our Walmart! Great find! I understand!! Isn't that how it goes sometimes!!!

When my machine does that, it means that there is lint or something down in the bobbin. I suggest removing the bobbin housing and give it a thorough cleaning. My mom's old nechi machine would do that if the needle was in the wrong way--had to be left to right, not front to back.

When my machine does that, it means that there is lint or something down in the bobbin. I suggest removing the bobbin housing and give it a thorough cleaning. My mom's old nechi machine would do that if the needle was in the wrong way--had to be left to right, not front to back.

Mine was clean as a whistle when it was skipping at the point I started this thread. i just think it was the wrong combination of tension and stitch length (hard to fix since it's computerized and can't be set to zero). I do clean it out every time I do any quilting at all, though. It is amazing how lint can completely throw it into a tailspin!

I just had a needle issue, coincidentally. Mine was squeaking like crazy. I'd just put in a brand new needle, thought it was in wrong, but it never fixed it no matter how many times I reinstalled it. So, I got one that came with the machine, an Organ brand, and it was fine. I think the new needle I bought in that multi-pack was just defective from the package.

Cynthia, I have put your beautiful table runner back on my table for the fall...I'm jumping the gun, I know. ha ha It is so pretty, again, thank you very much. Hope your sewing machine issues get resolved. And most of all I am hoping you get that new machine faster than expected.

Cynthia, I have put your beautiful table runner back on my table for the fall...I'm jumping the gun, I know. ha ha It is so pretty, again, thank you very much. Hope your sewing machine issues get resolved. And most of all I am hoping you get that new machine faster than expected.

I'm glad you still like it, Carrie. I love fall. My machine seems to be doing okay with the better needle right now. I wish I could get that machine soon. Looks like my piano may be sold, for a tenth of its value, but it will get me closer to what I need for my new machine.

I finished this table runner with the metallic fall-ish chicken print, pulling out the more sedate colors from it:

@wekiva bird do you like this one or this big square one using the brighter colors with the chicken print?

And I finished this table topper for my coffee table:

And I liked the fabrics so much, I started a bed quilt using the same ones-this is only the center part, will border it, then march more squares around that and do an outer border, then hopefully, soon, will have a new machine with which to quilt it (I know, I keep saying that, but I hope I will have one before the end of the year).

I was asked to and donated this hand quilted, button-embellished small wall quilt to a lady who is making Burden Bears for others facing illness or tragedy (I had never heard of them but felt it was a worthy cause and it hasn't sold in two years, so....) Hopefully, it will cheer someone up. Will post a picture of the bear with its quilt when she sends it to me before she gives it to the person.

I finished this table runner with the metallic fall-ish chicken print, pulling out the more sedate colors from it: @wekiva bird do you like this one or this big square one using the brighter colors with the chicken print? And I finished this table topper for my coffee table: And I liked the fabrics so much, I started a bed quilt using the same ones-this is only the center part, will border it, then march more squares around that and do an outer border, then hopefully, soon, will have a new machine with which to quilt it (I know, I keep saying that, but I hope I will have one before the end of the year). I was asked to and donated this hand quilted, button-embellished small wall quilt to a lady who is making Burden Bears for others facing illness or tragedy (I had never heard of them but felt it was a worthy cause and it hasn't sold in two years, so....) Hopefully, it will cheer someone up. Will post a picture of the bear with its quilt when she sends it to me before she gives it to the person.
I like them all! The table runner my favorite!

Back
Top Bottom