Cat or bobcat (In Florida)

Sara S

Crossing the Road
May 13, 2020
FL
I couldn’t get a picture of this animal, but the motion sensor light on my shed went off and it shines through my window. There was something going fastly and I thought I just saw something coz I was half asleep and then this feline creature walked up to my back porch where I keep my silkie and he was looking inside. I thogut I was a grey cat but it had a kind of fluffier face and it was muscular. It had a long tail tho. Does anyone especially from west Florida have any pictures of bobcats and are they grey in the US? Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-22 at 03-44-42 Facts on Wild Bobcats in Florida.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-22 at 03-44-42 Facts on Wild Bobcats in Florida.png
    987.8 KB · Views: 6
I couldn’t get a picture of this animal, but the motion sensor light on my shed went off and it shines through my window. There was something going fastly and I thought I just saw something coz I was half asleep and then this feline creature walked up to my back porch where I keep my silkie and he was looking inside. I thogut I was a grey cat but it had a kind of fluffier face and it was muscular. It had a long tail tho. Does anyone especially from west Florida have any pictures of bobcats and are they grey in the US? Thanks so much!
We have lots of Bob cats here in WV but I've never actually seen one in the wild .I've heard their screams when I was out in the woods but I've never had one come around my house . They tend to avoid humans so normally one won't been on our porch looking in our windows but anythings possible if one is hungry enough. Your silky is high risk of being killed if it doesn't have a predator proof coop and run.Bob cats are powerful animals but not very big. Wishing you the best!

I have eliminated a bobcat that killed 14 birds one night. I have never seen one but a neighbor said a Florida panther killed another neighbors birds so she was letting me know. I have several game cameras up and the only cats I have seen are neighbors cats, feral cats and bobcats. Good luck...
These are all different bobcats. The fist picture is outside my chick/grow-out coop.
DSCF0002112 09Rev.jpg
IMAG0001 (15) 03.jpg
IMG_3312.JPG

Back
Top Bottom