Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

ardesh

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 22, 2012
Cats can climb your fence and kill your little chicks and mabye even some fully grown chicans. Fisher Cats are also bad in NH. Some times you may have a fox problem.

Most of my recent losses are to hawks. When he's out, one of my dogs does an excellent job of watching for overhead predators and chasing them if they get too close. Last fall, he chased away a bald eagle that was sitting right outside of my duck pen.

We've also seen a fox in the distance, but this same dog is happy to do his part to mark his territory and patrol the perimeter. I do think it's helped keep the fox away.

He also helps herd the ducks back to their pen at night. He's an English shepherd, and a good example of why some of us like to let our dogs and poultry mix.

I just heard my babies yelling. I jumped up and saw a red fox in the pen.
barnie.gif
I yelled and it ran off. So my son and I moved them for the night. This time I didn't lose any.
ya.gif
This fox is going to be meeting his maker!

anybody heard of quolls or ferrets, there quite bad too.
Also people, at our school some people just chopped off the ags chickens heads
barnie.gif

Also i don't know though, may vampire bats kill your birds (we don't have them though)
ANybody had bats kill your birds

We lost ours and got new ones. A weasel drank there blood. We now have 5 locks on our coop door and roof.

Back
Top Bottom