Cattle Dogs (Queensland) Changing?

For anyone interested I have the puppies on Web cam now. They are 2weeks old tomorrow and have eyes open and are walking well sort of just too cute! Here is the link .
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/emmie-and-pups . I have done no advertising and it looks like all but one are taken, always my worst fear when breeding a litter and ALL to former ACD owners woohoo! Looks like a show male will be going to a husband and wife veterinarian teem, I love it! Another is going to Maine to a girls father in law who lost his 15 year old late last year and the 3rd is going to a couple who have had 3 ACD's over the years and the only blue female was a "heeler " they had to PTS before she was one because of genetic health issues so this time she is surprising her hubby with a health tested ACD puppy I am so excited to see how he reacts!
Missie

Cute and congrats on the new homes! I saw your pups on ebay classifieds when browsing for ACDs, and loved the photos of Emmie on there. I recognized her right away, she has such a distinctive look to her! Always neat to run acros BYC people randomly. XD

Cute and congrats on the new homes! I saw your pups on ebay classifieds when browsing for ACDs, and loved the photos of Emmie on there. I recognized her right away, she has such a distinctive look to her! Always neat to run acros BYC people randomly. XD
I know
I am going to delete that posting as I only have one male available and they are only 2 weeks old.....

I know
I am going to delete that posting as I only have one male available and they are only 2 weeks old.....

Hi Missie,

Great talking to you earlier. Glad I put my reservation in on a blue female out of your next litter. I know it is at least 1 to 2 years away. But I like that you are a responsible breeder and do ALL the health testing on your pups before they go to a new home. Talk to you soon, love the puppy cam.

Maye :D

Hi Missie,
Great talking to you earlier. Glad I put my reservation in on a blue female out of your next litter. I know it is at least 1 to 2 years away. But I like that you are a responsible breeder and do ALL the health testing on your pups before they go to a new home. Talk to you soon, love the puppy cam.
Maye
big_smile.png
Sounds great Maya I would be thrilled to have you as a puppy owner!

What one is the male in the video?
Ah well actually I am not sure which male it will be yet
idunno.gif
I have one person who wants a pet male , and one who wants a show male and one person who wants a pet female..I am hoping at least on of the girls looks like she will be big enough otherwise they will both go to pet homes *sigh* ( I really wanted a girl out of this and Emmie is a big girl! I think the left mask male is going to be a pet, he looks a little long in the body right now but has a pretty head. We will see how they develop over the next few weeks . Right now I really like the little male with the spot on his eyebrow and on his left eye but the little one with the right black ear looks nice too. If they both look good at around 7 weeks and pass the hearing tests I will send out DNA to test for PRA ( this test is 140.00 per puppy
sickbyc.gif
) then I will make a decision...all the potential buyers know it just depends on who turns out to be what quality....of course they have favorites but it's just a crap shoot right now!
AND BTW the video is usually on after 9:00 in the morning, yesterday it timed itself out around 3:30 , I am home at 5:30 and at usually turn it on with sound for a while.
Missie

Trixie just reminds me of a well bred dog. She, when taken into consideration, is a very modestly tempered dog. Her only issue is she's prone to snapping. When cornered, or when she feels threatened in her kennel, she goes full metal stupid. I think it has to do with what she went through before she got to us. Other than that, my nephew climbs all over her and drags her around the yard. She puts up with all sorts of abuse through the children that come and go around here. Protective over 'her' things, but has never met a stranger at the same time. LOVES the water. I'd swear she was a lab. Before she hurt her hips ( I forget how long ago now... ) she was also very active. Always willing to get up and get to work, even now. She just doesn't work as long.

She is the reason I will never go another day without a heeler. BUT, I do think I will stick to rescues. Even my other ACD's with all of their issues were easy to work with and always willing to get the job done. Jackson was a fantastic push dog. Could turn a herd any direction.

Except for the snapping (I've heard of this happening a lot though with heelers and cattle dogs with a less than stellar past.), Trixie reminds me so much of our dog. Like your girl, ours is just a mother to all animals. They don't even have to be ours. Once, while out on a walk, she planted her butt on the ground and started whining, refusing to move. It is not like her to stop on a walk, and we tried to see what was wrong. At her feet lay a baby bird that had dropped out of a nest we were not able to find (it was younger than a fledgling). We found a rehabber for the bird, but I still just look back at that in awe. She has alwas impressed me with the way she interacts with other animals.

That close up shot of Trixie half-lidding her eyes as she snuggles? Oh yeah, I know that look. XD

I just adore everything about our girl, and just love that others have found such startlingly intelligent and amazing companions in these dogs.

Trixie is a cat dog. She will HOLD the cats in place with her paws and groom them, even if they don't want a grooming. " Big Boy" ( thustly named one of our wild cats ) will walk right up to Trixie, do the snuggle/dance'/walk/thing and plop at her feet to be 'deflea'd.

Thought I'd share these pictures of Magee, my best friends heeler. Mainly head shots...

Best friend was preggers in this photo which is about the time we got Magee.

Magee came off of a working ranch, same ranch as Jackson. She was an excellent herd dog. Could push ducks if you let her. Knew her commands well, just was NOT good with kids. Ended up ( I think I mentioned this ) cornering Skylar and Ashton on the porch one day. Up until that point, THIS was the Magee we all knew.

Back
Top Bottom