Cattle Dogs (Queensland) Changing?

Magee melts my heart. I've known a lot of heelers and ACDs who simply were *not* comfortable around or good with children, especially if not raised with them. Sometimes aggressive, but usually just obviously nervous. Then again, cattle dogs seem to be one of the choosier breeds I've been around in general, and seems many of them have strong preferences in people and animals. I know ours does.

That is so funny about Big Boy and Trixie! Our cats will visit or tolerate the dog grooming station, but our English lop rabbit just soaks it up. He hops right up to her, stretches out and practically demands grooming!!

My Dolly is usually a good dog. Normally she just herds the chickens when they are loose...Well the other day, she apparently got one of the land lady's pigeons that had managed to get out of it's pen. Well for now poor dolly needs to be on a leash along with her buddy Chase. Chase is a brittany which is a bird dog. He got caught pulling one of my baby chicks through the pen for his snack. Luckily we are moving in less than a month so they will have a new environment minus the pigeons lol

I am just a little unhappy that my dolly would decide to eat the pigeon...

Trixie is a cat dog. She will HOLD the cats in place with her paws and groom them, even if they don't want a grooming. " Big Boy" ( thustly named one of our wild cats ) will walk right up to Trixie, do the snuggle/dance'/walk/thing and plop at her feet to be 'deflea'd.

Thought I'd share these pictures of Magee, my best friends heeler. Mainly head shots...

Best friend was preggers in this photo which is about the time we got Magee.

Magee came off of a working ranch, same ranch as Jackson. She was an excellent herd dog. Could push ducks if you let her. Knew her commands well, just was NOT good with kids. Ended up ( I think I mentioned this ) cornering Skylar and Ashton on the porch one day. Up until that point, THIS was the Magee we all knew.
Maggee is adorable , reminds me of my old girl Indie. And Emmie LOVES cats too she used to submissivly pee for them, LOL! Now she just grooms them!

Sorry for opening up an old thread - I got curious and started snooping around the site
big_smile.png
Does my ACD look stocky or lean? As you can see she is still a puppy but I'm curious for opinions. I got her from a cattle rancher so she isn't fancy or anything but she's still a pretty good dog.
285356_484532264928584_200894263_n.jpg
542759_486203831428094_1706208509_n.jpg

This was at huge off leash dog park in Beverly Hills called Runyon Canyon.
531591_482893748425769_750157806_n.jpg

Hey Moochie, your ACD reminds me very much of a working ranch pup I knew in NV named Skylar. Both good looking dogs!

Last edited:

This is my 6 month old heeler puppy (soaked from going in the creek). She's from the thinner, working type dogs, and she is very agile.

She figured out that she didn't want to be in the creek when it was below 40 degrees out. So she took over the supervisory position she saw was open.

She keeps up with out 85 lb Chesapeake Bay Retriever quite well...

Sometimes too well. I think this resulted in a kick to the head. She didn't notice, though.

She's beautiful, and your dogs are adorable together. You can see that Heeler focus in the first picture.

Thanks punk-a-doodle :) Her name is actually Punky. She's the runt, so she's pretty small, but she's really tough :)

Small, but beautifully proportioned royalT!

Man, gotta love the Koolies. Don't see too many of them over here.

Back
Top Bottom