Change of plans

Pics
So jealous you can direct seed peppers. :)

My started peppers and eggplant (indoors): nadapeno on the left, blot in square pots in middle, shishito on right.
View attachment 3036499
Well if you think about it, you're way ahead of me 😉 I'm a bit perturbed, I planted 6 sugar snap peas and only 2 came up, but that's what you get with wild temp variances. Your plants look beautiful! Hopefully you'll get to put them in the garden soon!

That's what we do.
We have an outer run that we section parts off to grow grass and clover in. Once it's good to go we let the chickens back in. Doesn't take them long to destroy it. LOL
We close it off and reseed.
We've got an even better set up at our new property now, a completely separate chicken yard like what you have, and so far me and the ladies love it😁

Well if you think about it, you're way ahead of me 😉 I'm a bit perturbed, I planted 6 sugar snap peas and only 2 came up, but that's what you get with wild temp variances. Your plants look beautiful! Hopefully you'll get to put them in the garden soon!
You are both ahead of me! I just seeded my tomatoes and peppers this week, and none have popped up yet! Zone 5…if I start too early they just get too huge for the house. Usually don’t go outside until mid to late May.

We've got an even better set up at our new property now, a completely separate chicken yard like what you have, and so far me and the ladies love it😁
We recently added another run behind the coop and a shed along the fence line.
Lots of shade which will be good in the summer months and that's where we had dumped leaves and grass for a long time. (at least behind the shed)

You are both ahead of me! I just seeded my tomatoes and peppers this week, and none have popped up yet! Zone 5…if I start too early they just get too huge for the house. Usually don’t go outside until mid to late May.
Zone 7ish here. I start seeds in January (very tail end of Jan for tomatoes, as they grow faster). Tomato starts and basil I plant on the first day of May. The peppers and eggplants will probably need to get transplanted again and won't go out until late May most likely.

I have evicted the littles from their apartment, lol, the ladies show almost zero interest in them and it's been almost 4 weeks. They've discovered the feeders, dust bath, and come and go from the run to the yard. Tonight I'll put them in the roost and hopefully that's the end of it😁🤞

Attachments

• 20220326_151934.jpg
    20220326_151934.jpg
    786.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 16483262607686054187808315554123.jpg
    16483262607686054187808315554123.jpg
    921.4 KB · Views: 2
Success! I went out at dusk and they were all huddled on the floor of the coop, I put them on the roost that the ladies don't use, gave them a few strokes and talked to them until they bedded down and relaxed. This morning all was well 😁👍

Attachments

• 20220327_070109.jpg
    20220327_070109.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thanks to all the heavy rain and a bipolar oak tree that is decided to drop a bunch of leaves, the run got a much needed refresh...leaves, fresh cut grass, and a couple bags of mulch. Tomorrow I'll be refreshing the coop and all the shavings will go out there as well 😁👍

Attachments

• 20220401_164550.jpg
    20220401_164550.jpg
    802.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom