Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

For USDA farm ID you need a farm name, and in the show world a farm name is less personal than having your name attached. Specially if someone shows a animal with your farm name but it's in poor condition.

Oof, yeah, that would be rough. 😬 What does having a USDA farm ID get for you?

Just debating whether I want it strictly for my OEGBs, or somehow divide it into a breeding coop.

How big is it? OEGBs are tiny so I can't imagine they'd need too much space... 🤔

Oof, yeah, that would be rough. 😬 What does having a USDA farm ID get for you?

How big is it? OEGBs are tiny so I can't imagine they'd need too much space... 🤔
Farm ID is needed if you're raising an selling goats and sheep as you are given a scrapie ID. Because we raise dairy goats we get to bypass the eartags (which would be impossible to do on lamanchas) and use ADGA tattoo system. This also allows us to file our taxes under farm expenses (the culling this weekend could be filed as a major lost). We can also apply for grants like the goat fencing grant we were able to do on ten acres that alo included watering spikets.

Lamancha doe to explain why no eartags XD
20230223_084316.jpg

Watching BYC FB having imploding over chickens and taxes again :caf

This is why I rarely check in over there :th

I think it's 6 X 6, but I'll have to get a measurement to be sure.

Wow, that's a good size! Sounds like it would work either way, not that that helps you at all with deciding. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom