Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

She cries, alot. My step son however freaks out. Or just thinks everything is a big joke. He acts like a toddler. No respect for authority at all, it's causing alot of problems. We had a year long custody battle (we won) but she filed false charges and my husband didn't see him for 6 months so he's over compensating by letting him basically get away with murder 🙄 it's been a year since we've had custody it's still continuing.. I've reached my breaking point *sigh

They're both 9
So sorry to hear you have to go through all this.

My grandson's father pretty much abandoned him when his parents split up. That had an effect, for sure.

I'm thinking he's probably on the spectrum, too. But my daughter hasn't been getting him any help. All I can do is stand aside and hope that he doesn't turn into something worse. He's very intelligent, very sensitive, and very manipulative. :barnie

Okay, and now onto another topic too, lol.

I should go take pictures of ducklings.

If I could find them near me I'd have a flock! They're gorgeous!

I think I'm just a bit far from you or else I'd offer you some of my extras. 🤭 Only farm I know of in Ohio that has them is a little bit north of Columbus. But I do know of several others that ship hatching eggs and I'm always happy to help connect people with places they can get these birds, if you seriously do want some of them! 🙂

I think I'm just a bit far from you or else I'd offer you some of my extras. 🤭 Only farm I know of in Ohio that has them is a little bit north of Columbus. But I do know of several others that ship hatching eggs and I'm always happy to help connect people with places they can get these birds, if you seriously do want some of them! 🙂
Oooo how far north of Columbus 🤔 I'm an hour south of Cleveland and 3 hours from Columbus 🤣

He's 23 so I'm passed that lol back then there wasn't much available or much known really. Now it's everywhere. Ya'll are the only people I "talk" to lol I don't do social media and I don't know anyone in this town. My family all lives a good hour away from me. Yins keep me sane-ish 🤣
You sound like me, lol. This is my only social media and I have no family here other than DH and my 2 grandkids, nor do I know anybody here other than the few folks I see at church. It's pretty clannish in these parts. BYC is my "world," lol. I'm glad I found it.

You sound like me, lol. This is my only social media and I have no family here other than DH and my 2 grandkids, nor do I know anybody here other than the few folks I see at church. It's pretty clannish in these parts. BYC is my "world," lol. I'm glad I found it.
Yeah, same here. I don't do social media. I live on the same property as my daughter, but in my own place, so I can go days without seeing her. And, I have no car right now.

Stuck in the middle of nowhere, and my bf lives in NYC.

You folk help keep me sane, or crazy, depending on the case! 🤪

This is how I spend my days...sitting outside avoiding my mother in law cause she's bat spit crazy and I hate her
20230915_112934.jpg

Man... One of my old, old, old, old hens passed away overnight, and I was writing up a post about her for my thread like I always do and realized, holy cow, I was still a just kid when I got that bird! Like, not a little kid or anything, I was little when my family first got the chickens like 18 years ago, but still! :th

I think I might be having a crisis about my age now. View attachment 3636082 🤣
I have 2 hens that's from like my 2nd year in 4H and 3 from the year after (including a son of one of the hens). I aged out 3 years ago.

Oooo how far north of Columbus 🤔 I'm an hour south of Cleveland and 3 hours from Columbus 🤣

Cardington, OH, according to their website: https://countryhavenfarmllc.com/ I haven't personally bought birds from them, but see them post occasionally on other sites and they seem solid.

Yeah, same here. I don't do social media. I live on the same property as my daughter, but in my own place, so I can go days without seeing her. And, I have no car right now.

Stuck in the middle of nowhere, and my bf lives in NYC.

You folk help keep me sane, or crazy, depending on the case! 🤪

Same here for the most part! I live with family, but they drive me crazy most of the time, and I don't really know anyone else in the area. I do have accounts on a couple sites that I use for farm dealings (and to look at chicken sales 🤫 ) and I'm in a friend group on discord, but that's about it outside of BYC.

Quite. I definitely have a lot of good memories associated with her and the other birds I got along with her, all no longer with us now. ❤️

Whoops :oops: I usually am pretty chill about my age, it just struck me sort of hard with that.
I totally thought you were my age.

*le gasp* am I the baby of the group?!

Back
Top Bottom