Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
We're doing great. Leveled off at 20 hens, that seems to be just the right number for me. Added the last four on 10/13/23, which happened to be a Friday, so I named them Jason, Michael, Freddy, and Chucky (yes, they're hens). 🤣
1000003370.jpg

Good to hear from you Nifty-Chicken! Introducing Gorgeous George. We have not had a rooster since starting our BYC coop 4 years ago. Lo and behold, this amazing homeless rooster flew over our fence and discovered a harem of hens just waiting for a fellow like this to come along! He liked it so much he stayed. Gorgeous George is a real sweetheart. Not mean. He is the ideal addition to The Cackleberry Inn! Thanks for reaching out. Fun reading up on all the belated correspondence. God Bless you all 🥰🐓

Attachments

• IMG_2024-02-17-09-25-47-726~3.jpg
    IMG_2024-02-17-09-25-47-726~3.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 3
Hello, haven't been here in quite a while. I don't currently have any chickens, even though I grew up involved in the family's chicken farm business. Mostly joined because my sister has various chickens(and guineas) and we both currently live on opposite ends of the old family farm site. Thought it would be useful and even interesting to learn more about small-scale chicken raising, and it has been. Unlike my sister, I focus mostly on gardening in my spare time. Still working for a living, so really don't have enough time to do both unfortunately.

Overtaken by life, and death, and after posting at least a couple of times asking questions or hoping for help with zero responses/interaction, thought maybe this wasn't the right place for me.

Hello, haven't been here in quite a while. I don't currently have any chickens, even though I grew up involved in the family's chicken farm business. Mostly joined because my sister has various chickens(and guineas) and we both currently live on opposite ends of the old family farm site. Thought it would be useful and even interesting to learn more about small-scale chicken raising, and it has been. Unlike my sister, I focus mostly on gardening in my spare time. Still working for a living, so really don't have enough time to do both unfortunately.
Is your sister a member here?

Oh hehe 😅

I got super busy and we kinda figured out how to handle all these dramatic chickens.

We also found a nestling pigeon that had been booted from its nest over the summer and we have a pigeon now too. I think I'm her mate idk
Oh my son would be so jealous, he keeps trying to catch the wild pigeons (of which we have a lot of) and making it a pet.

I've missed getting on here and chatting with all of y'all, but everything has been so hectic lately! I had shoulder surgery a few months ago and then started on all the spring chores. We've had some financial struggles, so I had to sell all the chicks I had hatched but I have more hatching soon! I unfortunately lost my Deathlayer hen with no idea what happened, but I'm incubating her last eggs now. Between the chickens and working, it's been a busy time here.

Back
Top Bottom