Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
Hello to Everyone! It's been a rough few years; we lost three of our original crew to age, two to someones loose pet, and two to illness but we recovered and adopted some ducks and new hens, built a new run and even a pond. So we're all better now.
20240308_104515.jpg

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi! Thanks for the “hello” thread. Life did get busy!

We’ve recently moved and have been busy making an old tiny cabin into a new coop. 🤗 We currently don’t have a rooster - only ever had ones that attacked me but now that the flock have a bigger open pasture, I’m concerned. 😬 We’ve been running nylon string all across their penned area from posts zig zagging back and forth - hoping it will confuse aerial predators. I’ve got owl decoys arriving tomorrow, and my 2 male guineas have been the alarmists to just about anything moving so far. Besides getting a rooster (worried that the male guineas will fight a rooster since they feel the hens are theirs) is there any other good tips to prevent aerial predators ? Thanks! 😊

I've been busy working part-time out of town. I do read alot of the posts, just don't comment. I still have my 6 hens that I just adore! My son built them a Chick-nic table & we've had alot of fun with that! Thanks for reaching out!
Hi, could you post a picture of the table? My husband made a swing for my girls but even though I showed them how to use it and how much fun it was, 🥰, they do not use it!!

We’ve recently moved and have been busy making an old tiny cabin into a new coop. 🤗 We currently don’t have a rooster - only ever had ones that attacked me but now that the flock have a bigger open pasture, I’m concerned. 😬 We’ve been running nylon string all across their penned area from posts zig zagging back and forth - hoping it will confuse aerial predators. I’ve got owl decoys arriving tomorrow, and my 2 male guineas have been the alarmists to just about anything moving so far. Besides getting a rooster (worried that the male guineas will fight a rooster since they feel the hens are theirs) is there any other good tips to prevent aerial predators ? Thanks! 😊
Welcome back! Having places for them to run under might help keep them safe from aerial predators.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
All is good here. Thanks for the check in

Hello fellow chicken lovers! Our flock is doing great. Our Roos are very busy (cough 😂) and we have some additions the flock with 10 new chicks recently.

Attachments

• IMG_7351.jpeg
    IMG_7351.jpeg
    729.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7466.jpeg
    IMG_7466.jpeg
    633.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7476.jpeg
    IMG_7476.jpeg
    533.6 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom