Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
Hi all 👋🏻

We bought our own house in Nov & are now renovating so utter chaos!!

We lost our Edna last week, she was fine one minute, dead on the floor the next so quite the shock 😢

Down to 3 girls now, they are thoroughly enjoying trashing my new garden 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_5934.jpeg
    IMG_5934.jpeg
    748.5 KB · Views: 3
Hello y'all, I have not got anything exciting going on lately. Rather, I have been selling away my chickens to their future forever homes to lower my flock numbers. But suprisingly, 2 of my hens have just gone broody with 6 eggs each during my sales, so I decided to re-experience the fun of raising chickies again!! Thank you for reaching out to me, I don't usually go online here often

Hello everyone! I currently have no hens. Of the four I originally got, four years ago, one died soon after getting her, one had to be euthanised after egg peritonitis, and on Boxing Day this year I lost one due to a respiratory infection (and a very traumatic visit at the vet, but that’s a whole other story). The last little girl was at a loss that day and I managed to rehome her to a local lass who fortunately made the rehoming process so much easier as she is as daft about animals as I am. I have the coop etc all still in place but am almost frightened to get more as I don’t think my heart could cope with more hurt. I do miss those feather-butts mooching around the garden though. 😞

Hey y'all, haven't been active here for a long while now, mostly because life and what not. Ended up in foster care for a bit, got engaged, moved into my own place with my fiance etc. I don't have many pets anymore, just a handful now. I've lost a lot, and am still losing, but trying to do better. I have a new account here if you'd like to check in there, it's @CrowDaddy (bc of my past dog and a book character). But that's all really, I'm near homeless and can't eat more than dinner most days but I'm trying.

Hey y'all, haven't been active here for a long while now, mostly because life and what not. Ended up in foster care for a bit, got engaged, moved into my own place with my fiance etc. I don't have many pets anymore, just a handful now. I've lost a lot, and am still losing, but trying to do better. I have a new account here if you'd like to check in there, it's @CrowDaddy (bc of my past dog and a book character). But that's all really, I'm near homeless and can't eat more than dinner most days but I'm trying.
Aka, this is me now, but that's all folks, got messaged to see how I was doing so I figured I'd let y'all know I'm here again and active still

Hello! Thank you for checking in! I’ve been busy with my hens and roosters. I’ve been prepping the garden for spring and I’ve adopted two house rabbits. 1 daughter, 16 hens, two roosters, two bunnies, 3 dogs and two cats take up so much of my days (of course this non top of working full time).

Attachments

• IMG_6121.jpeg
    IMG_6121.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4110.jpeg
    IMG_4110.jpeg
    579.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2890.png
    IMG_2890.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
Hello! since my first and last post things have gone to hell, even more. I researched quite a bit about feathery critter stuff. But life had other plans other than me starting my flock.
I Lost my morning star 🐶.
I'm losing.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
We have been busy building in the garden with our girls help. Also training our pup to cohabit with chickens.

Attachments

• d656e8da-9545-41df-ab4f-bb56e65b3761.jpeg
    d656e8da-9545-41df-ab4f-bb56e65b3761.jpeg
    653.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi All!
Down to my last girl, Miss Ethel, a Lavender Orpington. She just lost her sister Lucy about 5 months ago :( Ethel has pretty much become a "semi" house chicken as we are her flock now.

I will probably get more chickens in the future, but not for at least a year.

I hope you all are enjoying your flocks 💕

Back
Top Bottom