Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
I have been busy, mowing started a couple weeks ago. I have not checked in for a while, I honestly did not think anyone would want to hear about what I am up to lately. For the last year, I hatch, raised and been taking care of four emus. They will be a year old on May 10th. They are very low maintainance, but like lots of attention. I still have over 50 Seramas, and 80 Chickens, 7 ducks, 2 geese, and 4 dogs.
Wow! Very cool! Not too many people here have emus.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Happy Spring is here! Time to do some cleaning of the coop! Today may just be that day! Happy Chickening everyone!

Hey hey hey from rural Hilham, TN. I've been quite busy with pomeranusn puppies these last few months. I officially had no more chickens since November 2023. My German Shepherds broke into the hen house... but we've started over! I have 7 chicks, 3 buff Orpingtons, 2 Isa Browns, and 2 Ameraucanas. They are about 10 weeks now. I'll be spending lots if time reinforcing their new home. The Shepherds have been moved and corralled away from the hen house. No rooster this time. Starting simple.

Attachments

• 20231229_004409.jpg
    20231229_004409.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231231_153647.jpg
    20231231_153647.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231231_153832.jpg
    20231231_153832.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240103_104013.jpg
    20240103_104013.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20240415_090613.jpg
    20240415_090613.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 1
Hey everyone!
Always a lot going on over here. My light Brahma pullets will be 1 year old next month. The are enjoying spring and their first real free range opportunities… always fun to watch.

This spring we tried our luck with a hatchery and ordered 5 dark Brahma chicks specifically to get a rooster, because we think the roo’s look like they are wearing pants. The pic of the chick with green eyebrows is the male his name is Pantaloons!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpeg
    IMG_0757.jpeg
    455 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0760.jpeg
    IMG_0760.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0752.jpeg
    IMG_0752.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0471.jpeg
    IMG_0471.jpeg
    862 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0343.jpeg
    IMG_0343.jpeg
    452.7 KB · Views: 2
Hello everyone sorry I haven't visit BYC in a while, all is good in my little coop now, one of my Serama baby was very sick finally I found a Vet that treated her and it seems she is OK although she lost all her feathers from her head and neck an it doesn't look like they're coming back 😟 but she still is my baby. I made her a little scarf and she looks adorable 🥰.
@Maty She is adorable! ❤ Glad she's OK! 😊

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi! It has been a long time. I'm currently doing Ayam Katawa, and LF Cochin. I was doing sexlink chocolate Silkies but life happened and I had to downsize. These are some of my babies!

Attachments

• 20240312_194133.jpg
    20240312_194133.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240330_130332.jpg
    20240330_130332.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 2
Hey hey hey from rural Hilham, TN. I've been quite busy with pomeranusn puppies these last few months. I officially had no more chickens since November 2023. My German Shepherds broke into the hen house... but we've started over! I have 7 chicks, 3 buff Orpingtons, 2 Isa Browns, and 2 Ameraucanas. They are about 10 weeks now. I'll be spending lots if time reinforcing their new home. The Shepherds have been moved and corralled away from the hen house. No rooster this time. Starting simple.
@Unicorny83 You have such adorable dogs! ❤

A very nice idea! I raised some pigeons not that long ago, and my last darling duck (jerry) helped my neighbours repopulate their pond! Currently haven't got any little chirping babies but hopefully next spring we will pick up again

Hey everyone!
Always a lot going on over here. My light Brahma pullets will be 1 year old next month. The are enjoying spring and their first real free range opportunities… always fun to watch.

This spring we tried our luck with a hatchery and ordered 5 dark Brahma chicks specifically to get a rooster, because we think the roo’s look like they are wearing pants. The pic of the chick with green eyebrows is the male his name is Pantaloons!!!
Beautiful birds! ❤

Back
Top Bottom