Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
Hello! Long time! Life has been busy and crazy as I'm sure for everyone!
I moved from the city to the hill country of Texas about 2 and a half years ago. I went from just a few chickens to now I have a giant flock of free rangers! All sorts of chickens and roosters in the mix. And I've now added baby guineas, a baby turkey and some baby geese to my growing flock. As well as just having a bunch of goat kids this past month from our 3 nanny goats. Life is wonderful.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi All,
I have 6 hens (had 7). Things were a bit rough these past couple months. One of my chickens got sick, I thought she was better then passed away. One hen is 3 years old the rest are 1 years old. 4 of the newer ones have bare backs and the one at the bottom of the pecking order has feathers missing in her wings too. She is now molting too. Any advice on how to get them to stop pecking each other? I have aprons and I have tried the no peck spray and purple lotion stuff.
It’s hanks for reaching out!

Nice to hear from you 🙂
I still frequent the site, just not signed in. It's my favorite spot for getting my chicken questions answered. But my introverted self still struggles with posting on forums...oh well.
I've been changing over from the bantams to full size. I have 2 of my original 3 bantams, the third passed about a week ago. Now I have 2 black stars and 5 barnyard mixes out in the coop with my bantams, and 5 barred rock plus 5 black australorp chicks in the brooder. It's my first experience with baby chicks without a broody hen taking care of them, so should be interesting.
And I really needed a better facility for them, so I converted an old carport into a coop/run combo. Still have some work to do on it, but got them moved in recently. I think it's why my old bantam girl died...she was really stressed by the move. 😔
Anyway, future plans are to move the old coop to a new location closer to my new coop, shed and water source, and use it as a brooder/hospital wing/bachelor pad whatever the most pressing need happens to be at the time. After that, a fence goes up around the whole thing.View attachment 3813792
:frow Thanks for braving the forums and checking in. Love the new coop.

Hi All,
I have 6 hens (had 7). Things were a bit rough these past couple months. One of my chickens got sick, I thought she was better then passed away. One hen is 3 years old the rest are 1 years old. 4 of the newer ones have bare backs and the one at the bottom of the pecking order has feathers missing in her wings too. She is now molting too. Any advice on how to get them to stop pecking each other? I have aprons and I have tried the no peck spray and purple lotion stuff.
It’s hanks for reaching out!
No roosters? You might try supplementing their diet with extra protein, and evaluating whether they have enough coop and run space. Good luck!

Life gets in the way doesn't it!?

Currently juggling the renovation of an old (1750's) cottage, a new puppy, being self-employed and of course the chooks.

I have a nice little flock of Brahmas and a few others these days, some of them in the photo
P1410819.JPG

Hi All! We're doing well and have moved into our new home and are beginning to renovate our kennel into a coop! We'll be posting more pictures on that thread as we turn it into our own. Here's our current babies that we incubated! :)

Attachments

• 437892673_10161934766021209_7007243434185890121_n.jpg
    437892673_10161934766021209_7007243434185890121_n.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 0
Life gets in the way doesn't it!?

Currently juggling the renovation of an old (1750's) cottage, a new puppy, being self-employed and of course the chooks.

I have a nice little flock of Brahmas and a few others these days, some of them in the photo
View attachment 3813817
Wow, beautiful!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello! Our flock was getting small, so we have a dozen egg layer babies growing up right now. :)

Not up to much. I hope you folks are well!

Back
Top Bottom