Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Have 4 giant pekins driving me crazy. They are just so dumb. Laying a ton of eggs but not with the system. Won't go in coop, Auto closing door, at night. Won't even go in the pen around the coop. Have to chase them in and do everything but walk thru gate. Omg. Frustrating. May be time to sell.
Welcome back! Sounds like you're dealing with quite the handful! It can be frustrating when they don't follow the routine. Hang in there!

Welcome back!
Been a weird winter leading into a early spring in my neck of the woods, at least that's what the farmers believe all busy getting crops in the fields where they can.
It's been a weird winter here too!
My flock of chickens has had a few unfortunate subtractions along with additions that evened everything back to normal. My ducks have encountered the same and currently there is a pair of hens sitting in a rather large clutch of mixed chicken duck eggs that I'm gonna let nature take its course primarily because I don't have an incubator at the moment.
Sorry for your losses, but good luck with your eggs!
I don't really need any more ducks but I do know a fellow that would enjoy a flock since his loss of his geese.
Sorry for his loss. It's nice of you to hatch some for him.
Well that's the short of the long story of what's been up. Hope everyone is doing well!
Thanks for sharing.
Oh on a side note does anyone have a free patter for decent goose diapers??
@countryladyNH might be able to help you:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/please-help-pilgrim-goose-cut-beak.1607171/post-27395221

I love your photos. Do you currently have chickens, dogs or cats?
I just took these.
I have dogs, chickens, quail and a rabbit.
PXL_20240428_144213938.jpg
PXL_20240428_144144210.jpg
PXL_20240428_144017242.jpg

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
I use the bagging attachemt on the lawnmower so the chooks get a little snack.

1714315806819.jpeg

Thanks so much for checking in and reminding me what a wonderful forum this is! I still don't have my own chickens :hitbut it is definitely still a goal...hopefully in a couple of years when I retire :celebrate I joined this forum to learn everything I could before I took the plunge into the wonderful world of chickens and now I need to get back to it!
Exciting to hear from you! Your plan to get chickens after retirement is great. We're here to support you every step of the way. Keep learning and looking forward to hearing about your future flock!

I have been trying to find a way to get chickens in my area but no luck as of yet.
I sure hope you can get a flock of chickens soon. Have you considered keeping quail? In many towns they don't fall into the category of poultry, so many people keep them instead of chickens. Coturnix Quail, fun little bird to keep!

Back
Top Bottom