Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hi, my 4 girls are doing great so far. We are coming into year 3 with not many issues. I have 4 more chicks that I have in a brooder and will be integrating into the run in a few weeks.
Hey! Glad things are going well for you. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Been busy like everyone else it seems. Boy time flies by. Our chickens have luckily been healthy and just keep laying eggs. Our winter was not that cold or long, but we had very long, rough molt and finally back to everyone laying. Still have my 5 hens, but one acts like a rooster (still lays but jumps on the backs of the other hens), one crows like a rooster some mornings (still lays eggs), one likes to hide her eggs in the yard, one tried to hatch everyone else's eggs and my Violet Beauregarde does right (no drama).
@zenaghia, welcome back & thanks for the update. Time does fly, doesn't it? Glad to hear that your chickens are doing well. Come back soon!

i am learning about chickens in advance of getting a few, and really appreciate all the great members and experience!
I hope we can be of help to you! Feel free to post any questions you have. Best of luck to you as you start your chicken adventure!

hey there everyone, we currently have 30 chickens which are thriving and two turkeys. The female turkey successfully had two hatchings last year and she is sitting on 11 eggs right now. The weather has been cold so I kept most of the eggs inside and was sneaking 4 more eggs into the house each night until she finally went broody. At that point I gave her 11 back which she accepted without question and put 6 in the incubator. We are coming up on the first candling, hoping our male did his job and that we got the eggs into the house before the cold damaged them. We continue to enjoy all the great information on your site.
@fastingfan, welcome back & thanks for checking in!! You have turkeys!? Let us know how your hatch goes. Good luck, & look forward to seeing pictures of them when they hatch.

Hi all! Still raising our fluffy butts, and dealing with daily life here in NM! Haven't been around since my Grandpop passed, since the chickens were always one of the first questions he'd have for me during our phone calls 😔 My chickens were how I learned that he raised them as well in Gloucester City, NJ when he was a kid❤️ I knew my Grandmom had chickens growing up, because her parents had a farm in Salem, NJ, just didn't realize that Gloucester City, NJ was a place that allowed livestock through the 1940's! Anyway... Thank you Admins for pulling us all back in 😊
I'm sorry for your loss. :hugs I hope you can still enjoy your chickens and the memories of your Grandpop through them.

Hi!

We have 30 chickens! 1 is a white rock rooster and the rest are hens. We started out with 10 baby chicks at the end of March of 2020. We love our chickens! We get 20-24 eggs a day recently. We have a mix of Sussex, australorps, buffs, barred rocks, red rocks and a white silkie. We also made our own chicken coop and a run with mostly recycled parts! My fiance is a contractor.
Hi @586victoria, thanks for checking in! My goodness, that is a lot of eggs! What on earth do you do with them all? Ooo, I like the recycled coops. Do you have any photos? I'd love to see them.

Back
Top Bottom