Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hey howdy hello all you little Chicken tenders!
I'm enjoying an incredible (wet) spring here in the Ozarks. The grandkids came to visit and we added 15 chicks (yep... you know chicken math). Every one of them has a special name and personality, so this Nana needs to keep the grands updated with all the cute coop antics. Here are pics of my little flock... and then the additions! All adorable.
The grands also helped decorate the coop door! I couldn't ask for a more beautifully decorated coop.
OzarkNana
Aww.... your flock is gorgeous! 💖 I love that mural on the door, very nice coop! 💞

Hello!
Just been around but no posts.
Very busy these days incubating and hatching Silkies and Wyandottes in several colurs...
I raise silkies but alas, only have 1 paint thus far and appears she's a pullet, but only 7 weeks. Yours are gorgeous and I sure hope I can hatch some like that next spring!!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello! I’m glad you checked in. I’ve got one 9 week old chick I hatched that I just noticed today was lethargic and pooping blood. I moved her away from the other chicks but I’m not sure what’s going on exactly and would love advice/feedback on what to do! Should I start a new thread? I’ll attach pics.

Attachments

• FD674E31-2246-4336-BB0D-409BF65B7D68.jpeg
    FD674E31-2246-4336-BB0D-409BF65B7D68.jpeg
    598.8 KB · Views: 2
  • F81DD84C-0818-4E44-8B8A-B06D294C720B.jpeg
    F81DD84C-0818-4E44-8B8A-B06D294C720B.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 2
  • C85F5FA3-67F5-49AF-8745-009645ADA375.jpeg
    C85F5FA3-67F5-49AF-8745-009645ADA375.jpeg
    557.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DD9C8D8B-0DB6-4069-AF89-5F32336F9133.jpeg
    DD9C8D8B-0DB6-4069-AF89-5F32336F9133.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 2
Hello! I’m glad you checked in. I’ve got one 9 week old chick I hatched that I just noticed today was lethargic and pooping blood. I moved her away from the other chicks but I’m not sure what’s going on exactly and would love advice/feedback on what to do! Should I start a new thread? I’ll attach pics.
Sounds like Coccidiosis. You need to start her on "Corid", you can get this at any TSC or feed store. They can die quick so start her on it asap. Feel free to start a thread in our Emergency forum too.... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/

I hope she will be ok! :hugs

Read both of these:

Treating Coccidiosis with Corid, Amprol, AmproMed - The Correct Amprolium Dose
and I'd give the drench dose too if I were you:
Corid Amprolium Oral Drench Instructions

I don't have chickens anymore. At the end of 2020 I ended up with only two left, a roo and and his sister. They were egg eaters unfortunately so I sold them off for someone to eat. Not planning to get anymore for now, since they were sadly a lot more stress and heartache than enjoyment this last time around. Though I still have that 22 egg incubator in storage so I've considered hatching some local eggs just to sell off the chicks or something like that but it will have to wait until I have the time and mental/emotional bandwidth. Though my next door neighbor has chickens now so I encouraged her to check out the backyardchickens community. :)

I don't have chickens anymore. At the end of 2020 I ended up with only two left, a roo and and his sister. They were egg eaters unfortunately so I sold them off for someone to eat. Not planning to get anymore for now, since they were sadly a lot more stress and heartache than enjoyment this last time around. Though I still have that 22 egg incubator in storage so I've considered hatching some local eggs just to sell off the chicks or something like that but it will have to wait until I have the time and mental/emotional bandwidth. Though my next door neighbor has chickens now so I encouraged her to check out the backyardchickens community. :)
Focus on your own health...more chickens can wait until you are well.

So... I'm still around but I had to take a break from chicken-related stuff.

As some of you know, I was separated from my chickens after I had to leave home due to a situation of violence.

I still can't afford another place that allows me to keep my chickens so they're being cared by someone else and I visit them as much as I can - but as I'm working full time now, this is like twice a week at most.

So I ended up just taking some distance from BYC because I'm so sad when I see chickens and I'm reminded I don't have mine with me all the time.
I'm so sorry. I hope life brings good things your way very soon.

Back
Top Bottom