Cheeks

Cheeks

Songster
12 Years
May 10, 2007
Ohio
Okay. So Cheeks finally came home today. No idea where she was, but she came home.

This is very bitter-sweet though. Yes, she came home.
However, one of my dogs killed her. No idea why this happened. They always got along with the chickens. Never had a problem before this.

I found her body. No blood or anything, but she was manhandled and killed.

This just goes to show, guys. No matter how well your dog gets along with the chicks, don't ever get complacent. The dogs and the chickens have been together since December, unsupervised for the bigger part.
So now I definitely have to give the girls a new home. City council ruled against us, and I was planning on taking it to court (which costs money that I don't have), but I would rather them have a safe home, than to live here with my chicken killer.

So Deb, if you'll still have my girls, I would love to let you adopt them.
My heart can't handle another blow.

-Staci

If you didn't see it, how do you know it was your dog?

Sorry.
sad.png

Quote:
Thats what I was thinking...

Also, even if you are giving up your birds. Maybe you could work at a movement in your town/city to get chickens ok anyways? Then in the future, you could get back into it no problems! Good luck and sorry for your loss. Hopefully thing will be better soon.

I'm so sorry. I bet when Cheeks came home she must have smelt different and it set your dog off. She was a beautiful girl. :aww

I'm so sorry to hear about Cheeks. I've been watching and waiting for good news, and I know this must be hard.

I'm in Ohio too...where are you that your city council ruled against you owning chickens?

Amy

Quote:
because he kills wild birds that fly into the yard and rips their feathers out. same thing was done to Cheeks. I've seen him kill the birds before. He does it by playing with them, and when they stop moving, he rips out the feathers.

Quote:
dayton, ohio.

Quote:
thank you.
thats what i was thinking. either way, i cant bare to look at my dog right now. it breaks my heart.

Back
Top Bottom