EggMan207

Chirping
Apr 24, 2017
Does anyone have any reviews/experiences with Cream Legbars? I'm considering adding one or two to my flock. Are they winter hardy (able to handle extremely cold temps)? What's their egg production like?

I have not had them, but looking at research, they look somewhat winter hardy (small comb on the hens). Their purpose is egg laying at about 180 per year.

I have Legbars. I have been keeping them a little over 6 years. We have never lost any to cold weather we the coldest temperatures we ever see is about 5 deg F. People in colder climates than us complain about frost bite on the comb of the cockerels (but no the hens don't seem to have this problem). We currently have 15 cockerels on our property most of them have got some black points to their combs with the 15 deg F temperatures that we currently have, but one one or two have it bad enough to risk losing any points. there are several with not black tips at all.

180 eggs in their first year of production is a pretty reasonable expectation. We kept individual egg records on our first three pullets and they were in the 165-180 range and they all took time off to be broody and one even hatched a brood still hitting 176 eggs. The following year we had too many to keep birds separate to do individual egg records on all the flock but we were able to verify that one hens laid over 200 eggs.

I have a question and I have a few crested cream legbars. I bought 4 from one place as chicks and they are laying a fair sized blue egg. I bought 4 from a diffferent source as adults and they look exactly alike but the one that started is laying a HUGE brown egg. her second egg was so big it was like 3 of the others. Hers are so big the large egg cartons I have will not close. But not blue so what is the story?

She's not a legbar. Legbars always lay blue eggs and even legbar crosses lay blue or green eggs.
Sure she's not a welsummer?
Pics?

She's not a legbar. Legbars always lay blue eggs and even legbar crosses lay blue or green eggs.
Sure she's not a welsummer?
Pics?
tell me the address I need to send a picture as I took some with my iphone but don't know how to send it to this post other than reply and attach photos from the computer

tell me the address I need to send a picture as I took some with my iphone but don't know how to send it to this post other than reply and attach photos from the computer
she's not a welsummer I wish I knew how or where to send pictures

Idk
I attach pics to my replies through my phone. I don't own a computer.
On mine when I reply There's a place next to the post button that says upload a file.
That's how I attach pics

394E9083-7E25-4805-92B0-B7FBCCB80C99.jpeg
Idk
I attach pics to my replies through my phone. I don't own a computer.
On mine when I reply There's a place next to the post button that says upload a file.
That's how I attach pics
Ok I hope it works. The first one is the crested cream legbars the second is an egg from both groups of the legbars. The picture of the legbars is the one that laid the brown egg

Attachments

• 48B85F25-48DD-4B6B-8D22-6D57B6C87D2F.jpeg
    48B85F25-48DD-4B6B-8D22-6D57B6C87D2F.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 44

Back
Top Bottom