Chick hatched late and is having trouble fitting in with the other chicks

LuckyMotherhen

Songster
5 Years
Dec 13, 2018
Most of my chicks hatched on day 20 but one hatched on day 23, now that the chick has dried mostly it sits at the window of the incubator crying for attention and i mean CRYING😭
I feel so bad for it but it just isnt quite strong enough to take on six curious and somewhat mean chicks, these babies bite!
They peck eachothers toes and eyes and jump on eachother!
I need some pointers on how to integrate this baby without her getting hurt :(

Most of my chicks hatched on day 20 but one hatched on day 23, now that the chick has dried mostly it sits at the window of the incubator crying for attention and i mean CRYING😭
I feel so bad for it but it just isnt quite strong enough to take on six curious and somewhat mean chicks, these babies bite!
They peck eachothers toes and eyes and jump on eachother!
I need some pointers on how to integrate this baby without her getting hurt :(
Just put them all in a brooder. The sooner you introduce the chick, the better.

Put them all in a brooder, and just watch them. They shouldn't be able to do anything too bad to it, unless it's a bantam and the rest are standards.

Put them all in a brooder, and just watch them. They shouldn't be able to do anything too bad to it, unless it's a bantam and the rest are standards.
I have put it in several times so that when i do leave it in there the others sort of know it gradually, i left it in the incubator do that it could dry properly and learn to stand

I have put it in several times so that when i do leave it in there the others sorto

Back
Top Bottom