Chick stuck in the chain link

alwaystj9

Small goats & big chickens + 1 old horse
Aug 20, 2019
SE Louisiana
I have been using this run for 30+ years and never had this happen before. This slightly grown out chick has stuck herself in the chain link with one wing on each side of the fence and she's about a foot off the ground. I tried loosening her from inside the run but the only thing to grab & pull was her head. Couldn't push her backwards because she was really struggling to come forwards. Finally went to the back end and wiggled her loose by tugging on her feet and turning her upside down to get the other wing loose. I didn't even get a thank you, she ran off to join her buddies. She seems okay and doesn't realize how lucky she was that I noticed her. She seems to be okay and I hope she forgets this trick.
IMG_20230402_191439_4-1.jpg

I have been using this run for 30+ years and never had this happen before. This slightly grown out chick has stuck herself in the chain link with one wing on each side of the fence and she's about a foot off the ground. I tried loosening her from inside the run but the only thing to grab & pull was her head. Couldn't push her backwards because she was really struggling to come forwards. Finally went to the back end and wiggled her loose by tugging on her feet and turning her upside down to get the other wing loose. I didn't even get a thank you, she ran off to join her buddies. She seems okay and doesn't realize how lucky she was that I noticed her. She seems to be okay and I hope she forgets this trick.
View attachment 3453596
Have you gotten her out yet?

Yes, sorry - I misread the original post. I had a similar problem with chicken wire and a 2 month old guinea fowl (which ended with the keet strangling). So I just put up a big piece of wood over the bottom of the fence to stop the little ones going near it.

Back
Top Bottom