chicken ‘vomited’?

update: he says it was green. my isa brown did it, he says she seems fine now. i don’t think she has ever done it before, but i could be wrong.
At a wild guess, perhaps she got some grass, and didn't just pluck off a few small pieces, but swallowed a chunk a little large for her. Do they have access to ground where they can pick up tiny stones for grit, or do you have grit out for them to access?

At a wild guess, perhaps she got some grass, and didn't just pluck off a few small pieces, but swallowed a chunk a little large for her. Do they have access to ground where they can pick up tiny stones for grit, or do you have grit out for them to access?
yes they have lots of areas where there’s grainy dirt/small stones.

If the hen is OK now (i.e. Eating and drinking and pooping normally, still active and alert) and does not vomit again, I would agree it was probably something she ate that did not go down her gullet properly so had to be regurgitated. Nothing to worry about. Just keep an eye on her for the next 24 hours or so to make sure everything is fine.

If the hen is OK now (i.e. Eating and drinking and pooping normally, still active and alert) and does not vomit again, I would agree it was probably something she ate that did not go down her gullet properly so had to be regurgitated. Nothing to worry about. Just keep an eye on her for the next 24 hours or so to make sure everything is fine.

X2 It's probably nothing to be too concerned about. Just watch for any further problems, and enjoy your chooks while you do. "Chicken TV" is quite relaxing!

Back
Top Bottom